Make Offer - 1982 XS400J + Miscellaneous Parts (Pod filters, carb, clutch lever, extra tank, etc.)

BCven

XS400 Member
Reaction score
I've ran out of time on my project and might be moving soon. I wanted to get some feelers out there to see what somebody might pay to take it off of my hands in the Milwaukee area.

The bike isn't currently running, but is mostly complete (missing side covers). I think it's just a float level issue in the carbs, but I haven't had time to sync and get the carbs just right; engine runs great though when it isn't flooding. Aftermarket exhaust sounded great last July when it was running and I have sinced wrapped with bone color exhaust wrap.

I'd be interested to hear what somebody might be willing to pay for it.

If I'm not getting what I want I can just live with the tight garage space and maybe fix it up or part it out (not currently interested in parting out though).

I also have a tank from what I think is an '83 Seca maybe? If you look in my pictures it was the tank the PO had on it with the eagle head painted on. Still a great paint job, but I found the right tank and ordered it so it doesn't sit on my bike anymore. I'd entertain an offer on that and maybe even consider shipping it.

Also have an extra set of carbs that came with the tank I ordered. I'd be willing to entertain offers on that as well.

Have two brand new K&N pod filters (RC-2340) that fit the '82 carbs perfectly (was considering upgrading without air filter, but never had time). $30 each

Have one crank case filter (Vibrant 2165 breather filter) also brand new. $15

Have one clutch lever Parts N More part number 08-0009. Fits '82 xs400j Brand new. $10

Have functioning speedometer with full casing (tach was burnt up so I replaced the whole assembly) - Make Offer

Let me know if you want any pictures or anything. Send me your email address with the request in a private message.

Back