Calling all Jimmy owners

Scorpio1963

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals wonder how many of you all drive Jimmys that are s10 style?I have an electrical problem I need help with and Im at my wits end with this one.Tryed Blazer forums.com used to be a good place but its worthless now.

Well the problem originates from the engine wiring harness and a connection that cant figure out where it goes.I have looked at a dozen wiring diagrams and it doesnt show the connection.On models pre 95 its hooked up to the battery positive side.2 red wires with fuseable links both red one has smaller diameter than the other but are connected to 1.Its near the and above the starter but every diagram only shows 1 positive leade from the starter cyilinoid to the positive battery connection.The conclusion Im coming up with is it connects to the starter.I have looked at several others within the year range of 96-2000 and its not visible anywhere.Im baffled and need to get this figured out asap.IM RUNNING OUT OF TIME with an artic front on the way it will be too cold for me to work then it sits again another winter.

If it is a fusible link, it certainly sounds like it should connect to the battery positive. If it is at the starter solenoid, so be it. The electrons won't care either way, as long as it is a good connection. ;)

Oh I forgot to mention the vehicle has a security system from the factory and when I hook the connection to the battery the fuel pump,security system and the lights come on.:umm:Dam if it connects to the starter its 1 and half job to drop it and just had it off about 2 weeks ago.

Back