canadian 2f question...

The u.s. 78 2-E and the 79 2-F came without a e-start. Not sure on other countries. Any pics of the bike?

Do the kickstart-only engine cases include somewhere to install a starter motor, out of curiosity? Or did they change the casting when they began making e-start models?

They made the e-start models before and while the econo kick only bikes where made. They use the same cases and motors they just don't have any of the wiring and "guts/parts" installed in them. These bikes where about 15lbs lighter than the bikes with an e-start.

Ah, okay. I had assumed that they started with kick-only and added the e-start later in the production cycle, but that makes more sense. Hijack over.

This is my 79 2-F

Attachments

• user3160_pic2809_1351105948.jpg
    user3160_pic2809_1351105948.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 79
Thats it. Exactly. But estart. Im turning mine into a mild scrambler. No frame mods. But knobbies, minispeedometer, slightly longer rear shocks, gaiters, raised the front fender by an inch. Skid plate once i find aluminum. Id love high pipes, but a set of upswept mufflers will do. Waiting for a few more parts. Did.new fuse box last night, and used a relay to power the coils.

Back