carb vinegar boil ?

Regarding the butterfly assembly question when boiling carbs. I noticed there is a plastic part, looks like a sleeve, in the throttle / butterfly assembly on my carbs.

Reading older posts, it seems like many people have disassembled the tops and float bowls, removed all the small innards and then proceeded to boil everything without disassembling the choke (enrichener) or the butterfly valves. Or at least that is how it came across to me ... ?

I boiled my carbs in undiluted white (distilled) vinegar from the supermarket. It cost GBP 0.50p which is about 75c for each small bottle of 568ml which is probably around a pint. In the end I used about 7 bottles so the carb body would be completely covered in a big-ish pot. I left the chokes and butterfly valves in situ and boiled for around 20 minutes per side.

Seems like no real damage, although it might have been better to disassemble fully. Need to lube / clean / lube / clean after the boil and after flushing every circuit through with carb cleaner of course.

I believe that the skill level for removing those are harder than everything else, Most of us can wait till a seasonal break to work with the bigger projects. I am thinking I am going to redo mine this next winter. Thats was fine. I have did that 2 years ago, and its been driving. it since

Back