Coker Diamonds or Firestone Deluxe Champions on 1978 XS400

I love my conti go's

have a set on my 750 maxim, and am going to be picking up a set for my 550 seca project once i get the xs finished.

I've gotten ~6000 miles out of the rears, and the front one is going on 15k
3994820D-4001-4C74-8320-267FCCEFBAA7-1219-000001540AA1D375_zps67cf69e5.jpg

But I'm assuming that on a smaller/lighter bike, you'll have much more even wear and less of it. I like going far places, wisconsin to cali, wisconsin to DC, etc.

Has a really nice rounded profile IMHO.

good to see you're also not riding off the 'new tire spikes' on the sides. I was wondering if it was me who was that bad at cornering but I guess these tires are just quite round.

that's quite a wear though! I don't think I would've gone that far on it. Didn't it get really slippery when wet?

good to see you're also not riding off the 'new tire spikes' on the sides. I was wondering if it was me who was that bad at cornering but I guess these tires are just quite round.

that's quite a wear though! I don't think I would've gone that far on it. Didn't it get really slippery when wet?

yeah, that was taken on my trip across the country, lots of straight highway.

But it's a super round tire, when i was riding over the cascades and in the midst of some gnarly curves, it never ceased to amaze me how smooth the transition was in cornering, and never sketched me out even when getting nice and sideways.

And funny on the slipperiness, not that I noticed, the last stretch made on that tire was in the middle of the night and i had 115 miles to make which i made in under an hour and 20 mins, and it was raining (although somewhat lightly) the entire time, and the rear never broke free. That was the last escapade before replacing it, as it had rubber (although bald) when i left the previous town.

:thumbsup:

i have an 1978 400E ,got both 4x18 front and rear ,coker diamonds, fitted perfect, saw another bike with 4.5x18 on both ,so you can go even bigger

So the Dunlop K70 Rear/ Coker E70P pair looks pretty badass so far:

14016788438_59f4d3827e_b.jpg

Putting on the red XS750 tank soon in next month, but that stock black tank looks pretty hot by itself. Getting nostalgic for my old tank :).

Back