cush drive rubbers

member4326

XS400 Member
Reaction score
I believe these are also called rear wheel buffers. Can anyone give me some info on the type, is the same one used in all xs 400,s? Also are they available anywhwere? Do the RD 400 cush rubbers fir the xs 400? A picture would be good as I haven't got into them yet.
Thanks in advance
seniorbobber

not sure if this is exactly accurate but when I called yamaha looking for the cush drive rubbers I was told I couldn't get them. It was part of the whole wheel and I would have to buy the wheel.

I had heard you could get them though. I think that was actually a question I asked sometime ago and if I'm not mistaken Drewpy andswered my question aswell. Such a smart guy that Drewpy.

I'm pritty sure you need to destroy the ones in your wheel to get them out though. For the record mine are the cast mag wheel. I would love to know if the RD cush drive fit for future reference. I opted not to powder coat my rims because I couldn't find replacement cush drive rubber.

Thanks Drewpy and Shaun for your replys. I must have missed the previous thread. But Shaun Now you mention it I remember your comment about not powder coating.
I haven't taken my wheels( all cast) apart but I'm assuming the cushes are the cylindrical shaped ones. Can anyone tell me if I'm right there? I'm working on something here and if it produces a source for some of these I'll let you all know.

Ya the cush drives are the 4 rubbers with the studs coming out of them. I have a friend with a large oven he uses for casting a rubber called plastisol I had considered recasting myself but decided it wouldn't be worth the effort and I'm sure it wouldn't be as good as the stock ones.

Shaun

how to for removing them

http://www.aircooledrdclub.org.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15612&KW=cush+drive&PID=110966#110966

maybe use these and reuse the middle section

hvc20104.JPG

Back