Disk lock

Peter

Red XS 400 12E
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a disk lock that will fit my XS 400 Yics DOHC Seca 1982
Having real problems finding any that will fit due to size of the holes in the disk and how far set back thay are :banghead:

I ended up getting the heaviest duty Master Lock padlock that fit nicely through the disc brake.

I think you're right, most of the disc locks won't fit the rotors on the SECA (or my Maxim). They're also 3x or 4x the price of a good padlock. Keep in mind that any lock is just a deterrent. If they want it, they can take it (especially these light 400cc bikes, which can probably be lifted and put on a dolly or lifted into the back of a van).

If you park in a risky place, you might want a heavy chain and a floor anchor, or chain it to something that doesn't move.

If you get a lock for your disc, don't forget your lock reminder cable. :)

:agree: Couldn't have said it any better! :thumbsup:

I sometimes use a coiled wire cable lock through the front wheel to my engine crash guard. It will slow down an amateur thief, and add a few seconds for a pro. Maybe it will be enough to get them to move on to an easier target. Maybe...

Thanks for your advice I have just brought a master lock 1950D which has a long removable shackle that goes from the inside of the wheel through the disk perfectly:thumbsup:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 105
I use a kryptonite bicycle lock. They are guaranteed for life. No plastic parts in the lock. All it takes is someone with a can of butane. They shoot it into the lock which freezes plastic parts. Then you just hit it with a hammer and goodbye bike. I had this done to my $7000 mountain bike. Luckily I had the serial number recorded with the cops. Pretty hard to hide a pink bike lol.

Back