DIY Manometer with no drill

a1steaksauce

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to make the snapple bottle manometer but I have no drill- i understand that pressure is quite important for this process and wanted to know if anyone had a cheap(less than $50) manometer that they'd recommend(the ones on amazon looked iffy) or if anyone had suggestions on how to make the hole on the stopper without a precise drill

I made mine with two beer bottles, I put the hoses into the mouths of each bottle and jammed JB weld in there and had it taped until it dried. Did a leak test on it and used it. Total hillbilly execution, but it worked well for the 3 years I used it, still laying around in the shed.

I picked up a CarbTune Pro this year and its very nice. Supports 4 cyls too. Its over $100 but well worth it If you plan on maintaining your machines.

Awesome thanks for the advice- I'll consider getting one if this really fails on me

also what do you mean that you had it taped until it dried? i'm maybe thinking of using stoppers, making rough holes and then filling the sides with jb weld

I used painters tape and taped around the mouth of the bottles to give support to the tubes and the JB weld. I didnt want anything to move.

Its truly a ghetto setup...

Single tube with atf fluid work very well and costs about $10. A lot of guys have used them on this forum. I have a set of 1970's mercury stix that I have been using for about 10 yrs. I just have to make sure not to break them. That stuff is very toxic.

Back