Do-Boy wants to party all the time! party all the time! party all the tiiiimme!

The spark is about the most important thing on the bike,as when you have problemswith spark,clean carbs and pretty paint are not getting you anywhere.The gap is very important,as it determines how long the points are open and closed.When closed,the coil are charging,or storing an electric force,and when the points open,the coil's charge collapses and a high energy spark is released to the plug.the gap also effects timing,so when you set the points,you should check the timing. lha:bike:

Hmmm, that makes a lot of sense Iha, didn't think about the timing of the gap. One thing is you mean the coils are charging when the contacts are open right? And they release when closed/contacted or am I missing something?

You're welcome Crush :p

So i've been racing for years and my dad would never make the time to come racing with me until the end of my last season Drifting. I buy a motorcycle and he's helping me hack it within the week! My dad is super dope and i get along with my parents great. now its even better that we can share a hobby. Mama bought him a Honda s90 for Father's day last year and he's just got his license. Seems a bit jealous of my real bike though as he's looking to upgrade already hahaha

218166_10150164807095064_524760063_7008640_601720_n.jpg

221844_10150164807220064_524760063_7008641_6481314_n.jpg

The spark occurs when the points open,therefore the coils are charging when the points are closed.Otherwise the spark would happen when the points close,which is not what happens.The time when the points are open is called the dwell, the "slice" of the 360 degrees of the circle when the points are open is the dwell angle. lha:banghead::bike:

Hmmm, that makes a lot of sense Iha, didn't think about the timing of the gap.

Getting the timing perfect, for me, consisted of tweaking the slide plates and adjusting the gap at the points. There is a specific order of adjusting in the manual. At first I didn't take heed of that, but it'll drive you nuts if you don't. If you move the timing plates it moves the points. If you do it in the correct sequence the adjustments are pretty easy; if you do it out of sequence you'll want to pull your own hair out.

Getting the timing perfect, for me, consisted of tweaking the slide plates and adjusting the gap at the points. There is a specific order of adjusting in the manual. At first I didn't take heed of that, but it'll drive you nuts if you don't. If you move the timing plates it moves the points. If you do it in the correct sequence the adjustments are pretty easy; if you do it out of sequence you'll want to pull your own hair out.
Bcware,you'd have to get tweezers to pull your hair out,if that's your pic in your intro.Just kidding,that's the way I cut my hair,then let it grow until I can't stand it anymore. lha:bike:

I have that Kojak/Yul Brinner look :D

i had to google that hahaha, guess i might be a bit younger than you fella's. By the way, i'm REALLY loving this forum so far :D i'm printing out the manuals and throwing the complete things in a binder with clear sleeves. i'm excited for my own manual for the bike because i've always bought the OEM ones for my cars and they're invaluable.

a lesson in futility. a flat sheet of vinyl doesn't like to be shaped into a gas tank good from far, faaaar from good. and thats being objective

229142_10150167179355064_524760063_7029199_2318472_n.jpg

did a compression test today and was very satisfied with 155 and 150 on a cold engine too ! this bike is working out to a better deal than i originally thought

good morrow to you! drewpy i didn't even bother with the hair dryer to be honest. I've done a couple vinyl jobs before but a car is much flatter than a tank and this stuff is pretty crappy quality, not like professional vinyl. think shiny stickers that are glittery in the back. there's no real stretch to it, i'd compare it to celophane

tackled my first carb cleanout today after watching youtube vids, God bless google / the internets. I can't believe this thing ran at all!

228165_10150168667430064_524760063_7046301_6787357_n.jpg

I did do a very stupid thing though. the first needle jet i tried to hammer out, i used a chopstick and managed to break about 3/4" of the tip into the jet and i can't figure out a way to remove it without completely mangling the jet. Gonna hit up the Yamaha dealership tomorrow and see if they can get me one. if it wasn't for that, i coulda had it fired up tomorrow :( i'm very happy with my progress so far though, i keep getting good news from this bike. Waiting on a bunch of parts being shipped to do a little bit of fab.

... and i rolled her outside to get some motivation. Sunny days aren't too common in Vancouver. picture black wheels, white walls, white seat and a 2-1 center exhaust.

221861_10150169585370064_524760063_7057867_3825949_n.jpg

for now yea, I want to get the bike running great before i dive into more custom work and it didn't take long to wrap the tank for motivation. Maybe next year, i'd like to knee-dent and shorten the gas tank and paint it a real color haha

squeezed some work in before i gotta head to real work haha!

228207_10150170881905064_524760063_7066300_2268975_n.jpg

cleaned up the rear. going to piecut them to straighten out because the end of the frame tapers in, then i'll angle them slightly up. I've ordered a '03-'07 CBR600/1000 integrated tail light that I'll be hiding by smoking and tucking under a rear modular cowl

this is what i ordered

$(KGrHqEOKkUE1pFpDe0FBNfBEnv26g~~_12.JPG

rear section inspiration

222458_10150170882090064_524760063_7066302_8170613_n.jpg

hell no man, you're bike is way more badass lol. if i had your fab skills i'd proly dive in deeper. but its hard to compare as yours is serious business. i'm going for a more casual vibe on mine. I like Japanese subtlety.

I'm finding it really hard to hold back though. Catching the "while i'm at it" bug and if I didn't keep myself in check, the motor would be out already and i wouldn't be riding until next year. I'm sticking to a thourough once over and simple styling que's. Stuff like no stock turn signals, bigass seat and no rear fender are necessities though LOL

probably my favorite bikes ever.

Big Moon

big_moon_sr400.jpg

Presto

presto-sr400-6.jpg

Back