dude dropped a 2012 cbr1000

jacjr

Jacjr
Reaction score
I go into my local shop here in delaware, i'm cool with the owner so i walk through the back. Well in the back is this cbr1000 with the whole right side scraped to sh*t. So i go in see if there is anything new start to shoot the sh*t... so i ask "who the F**K dropped the cbr out back" well everyone kinda chuckles then the guy at the parts counter begins to tell me that a young kid bought this bike as his FIRST BIKE EVER!!! and that the rider said he hit a car the cut into his lane but the tow truck driver said he just dropped it trying to learn to ride it. LMFAO so $5500 in damage for nothing lol anyone who knows about them bikes it can easily hit 80 in second gear what a starter bike right lmao

just thought id give you guys a chuckle.

-John :thumbsup:

I go into my local shop here in delaware, i'm cool with the owner so i walk through the back. Well in the back is this cbr1000 with the whole right side scraped to sh*t. So i go in see if there is anything new start to shoot the sh*t... so i ask "who the F**K dropped the cbr out back" well everyone kinda chuckles then the guy at the parts counter begins to tell me that a young kid bought this bike as his FIRST BIKE EVER!!! and that the rider said he hit a car the cut into his lane but the tow truck driver said he just dropped it trying to learn to ride it. LMFAO so $5500 in damage for nothing lol anyone who knows about them bikes it can easily hit 80 in second gear what a starter bike right lmao

just thought id give you guys a chuckle.

-John :thumbsup:

Thanks John - that did make me laugh. Why would you get it repaired? It's not like he won't drop it again.

Posted via Mobile

I'm sure he had a loan so he probably had full coverage and insurance is paying for it. He was probably 6' tall and thought any lesser bike would be too small for him. A lot of people tend to believe that the liter bikes are physically bigger than the 600's when they are about the same. Not that you should learn on a 600 either. :shrug:

yeah he was covered but the thing he didnt know was the shop i go to did the owner a favor,, the adjuster was about to just total the bike out because the cost to fix it all (mind you it was all cosmetic) but the shop changed some rates so they could get a piece of the pie lmfao

80 in second gear? Assuming that's miles per hour you're talking I think the sentence should read: anyone who knows about them bikes it can easily hit 80 in first gear what a starter bike right

Silly kid, although, 05+ gixxers have slipper clutches which make riding sooooooooooooooooooo easy, pretty beginner friendly. But yes, 1000cc is a fools beginner bike!

I wouldnt start on anything larger than 600 or 650.I alkmost bough a suzuki 600 I think when I was going to look at my bike.I was just hours too late though,the guy had just sold his bike lived on the next block over and I had no idea it was there.Theres noway I would start on a bike like cbr 1000 or any other brand or model that big.Just plain foolish.

People always seem to think they need a big bike. I was convinced by my friend to buy a Harley Electra Glide as my first bike because I'm a "big" guy. (fatty LOL) I was actually intimidated by it and spent more time looking at it than riding it. After I came to a stop and dumped it, I sold it. You need experience on a bike that doesn't scare the living shit out of you first. I'm not too far from you Jacjr. I'm trying to convince my wife to move to Delaware, I'm tired of getting taxed to death!

Back