engine mount questions (for single backbone)

mctwisty

XS400 Member
Reaction score
While setting up this rigid with a single backbone, I have taken issue with the rear upper mount- as in, I'm not sure how I'm going to make it work, and look decent. The front mount stays in place, and I have sorted the rear lowers. I know there is some debate on the 650s about the need for a head stay mount, and I plan to run without one, but I'm not sure two points is enough for this powerhouse mill. It's mostly an aesthetic debate with me, if i should just run with two, because I am certain I could come up with something- it would just look like ass. If anyone who has built on a frame like this cares to chime in and offer some direction, it would be surely appreciated.

There is a reason why most engines are mounted with a minimum of 3 mounts. Torque. 2 mounts will be stressed heavily. 3 mounts (or more) will spread the forces through different areas of the frame. If you are building a show bike, do what looks good. If you plan on riding it, function comes first...

Yeah, i get it. Just gonna have to sort something that's not terrible. Anyone who's dealt with this before, suggestions still welcome.

Posted via Mobile

Back