Finally picked up an XS400...

They're in Thailand. Dunno what the time difference is.

The parts aren't on the diagram but there is a Yamaha part # for the seals at least. I know xchris has posted it before.
I you cant find it I can dig it up later when I'm on a PC.

Aha. The Yamaha #s are on the lite tek page. That's how I originally found them.
Seals: 256-14997-00
Screws: 256-14922-01

Someone did post abSuzuki part # for the same seals. If you go to a dealer it might be worth finding that one too and having them check stock/price on both.

The parts are on their way... Just have to tap a butterfly shaft thread one size up as I broke the drill bit trying to get it out and just went one size bigger.
Head was rounded as it was soft, screw extractor failed, and I was out of ideas!

Well time to boil everything in the AM.

On the carb kits don't use any on the brass parts, they are usually wrong for the carbs you have.
Gaskets and float valves are ok.
On the butterfly plate screws they get crimped on the ends so they don't unscrew and fall out. You need to file the screws off on the back side flush with the shaft.
Leo

Should be good, really only needed the gaskets and float valves from the rebuild kit... Bought genuine Mikuni main, pilot, and air jets from niche cycle here in Florida. I also repaired the throttle shaft so I should be good.

Once I clean up the bodies I'll probably paint a few pieces and reassemble. If it runs, I'll work on dialing it in. Really hope everything goes as planned.

Last edited:
Back