finally, Tracker pictures

Dave;bought this bike as my fun bike. Have plenty of perfectly restored "trailer queens." This bike built by very reputable builder into street tracker. Problemis it won't run; probably the petcock. Anyway, bike has pod filters and Super Traps, with no jetting changes. Not smart. Not sure where to start. Seems like such a conglomeration of problems, and "ace" mechanic, I ain't. All suggestions gratefull

lets see a pikky of your bike BillyM :bike:

no picture means you ain't got the bike :D

hey drewpy im new to the site but im lovin it and how helpful the fellow riders are..
i have a question is that a bigger rotor up front and did you make those brackets for the r6 brakes yourself ?

hey drewpy im new to the site but im lovin it and how helpful the fellow riders are..
i have a question is that a bigger rotor up front and did you make those brackets for the r6 brakes yourself ?

all the answers to the bike is in my blog. check it out :bike:

its an awesome bike man and the reason i ask is cause i wanna do that r6 front caliper on my bike or the bike im building for my wife should i say haha these bike are a load of fun but i wanna improve the braking a bit for her these one piston calipers arent that great and i was wondering if there was anyway you could set me up with one of those brackets to make the r6 caliper fit

each bike will be different.

depends on what disk you use, the caliper, tyre and where you want to caliper to go.

Its simple to work out what you need by mocking up the disks and caliper to clear the spokes and fork

thats true but id just figured the bra ket you have would be a good starting point if i had to go to a bigger rotor for it to line up right thatd be OK haha if you could help me out just let me know what you need

I'm thinking if Drew wanted to make you a bracket, he would have offered by now. ;)

I'd do a mock up, then get a basic idea with cardboard. Once you get the general positioning lined up, cut a test bracket out of wood. From there, just refine until it's right, then get a piece of alum and cut out your finalized piece.

sorry I just don't have the time, and making something bespoke 2000 miles away is asking for trouble :)

you really can do it. I just worked it out as I went along

yea thanks man i was thinking of making a fake one out of plexy glass as it would be strong enough to hold the caliper in place for mock up but even with that i have no acces of cutting out a metal one i apreciate the info tho.. awesome bike man

yea thanks man i was thinking of making a fake one out of plexy glass as it would be strong enough to hold the caliper in place for mock up but even with that i have no acces of cutting out a metal one i apreciate the info tho.. awesome bike man

I used a hacksaw on mine and hand file.

the only hard bit was to rebate some of it. that I farmed out.

I saw this one on the googlemeister before I joined the forum. I liked it then and I like it now. I'd love to see some pics of the build process on here

Oh men , this bike rocks, for your bike i bought ,y esterday, an xs400 with engine and connections in good connections but all the rest is in really had conditions. I hope achieve a bit of your result. Im from argentine, congratulations.
:)

Oh men , this bike rocks, for your bike i bought ,y esterday, an xs400 with engine and connections in good connections but all the rest is in really had conditions. I hope achieve a bit of your result. Im from argentine, congratulations.
:)

you will my friend, just keep at it and be creative.

I'm going to update the bike 2016, but keeping under wraps ATM

I may even get another frame and engine what i have planned

Hey drewpy, What kind of mufflers are those?
They look like the stock ones but shorter. I like how they end by the rear wheel axle. Did you paint them? Also, any tips for heat tapes? Sorry for the barrage of questions, I just bought my xs400 a week and a half ago and I am still learning and planning my build.

2016 update sounds interesting!
Can't see much else I'd personally upgrade on your bike to be totally honest!
If my Xs was as well done as yours I'd probably leave it be ha

Everything staying totally under wraps till it's done?

2016 update sounds interesting!
Can't see much else I'd personally upgrade on your bike to be totally honest!
If my Xs was as well done as yours I'd probably leave it be ha

Everything staying totally under wraps till it's done?

yep will take a while too ;)

Back