First bobber build!!!!

Steve5000

XS400 Member
Reaction score
So been working on my first bike for a few weeks. Starting to look like something I think lol. I'm kinda stuck on the rear end tho not sure where or what to cut. I would like to use the existing rear fender. Just lower and shorten it. Any advice would be really appreciated. So far built the seat got her running mint and ordered lots if small parts. Grips, mini speedo ,exaust wrap. But stuck on this rear end. Here's what she's looking like.

Posted via Mobile

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 222
Looks good. I would chop the back off to clean it up a bit, and give it that bobber feel

Yeah I'm planning on it just not sure where prolly right behind the springs. Just not really sure how imma mount the fender ill hopefully figure something out tommorow. Haha

Posted via Mobile

My progress today rear end chopped ,rear fender made, mini speedo and grips are on. What do ya think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 213
Actually not sure what make they are found the signals in a bin at the local flea market. What taillight and license plate setup should I use and ideas. Here's a pic chopped original fender.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 193
I like the fender. You could go with a axle mounted license plate mount. For a tail light I would get a small one that mounts behind the seat. I think the more they look like your blinkers the better. Thats my thoughts Coool bike :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks man been working on it every min I can. Today was a hell of a day tho took me forever to figure out how to mount the fender, but she's on now. Think sometimes I'm too picky lol.imma check out these side mount plates and check some sites for a tail light. I'm just not sure how the cops round here will feel about the side mount.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 193
Ya I dont think they are completely legal, but I see so many people using them. Im sure they dont get hassled to much.

Its hit and miss as far as side mount license plates. Here in WA State the Wa State Patrol does not like them. Everyone i know that has mounted them has been pulled over for them. The Motor Vehicle Code is pretty specific here that the plate has to be mounted on the rear of the bike. In fact most under tail kits on sport bikes will earn you a least a conversation with a Law Enforcement Officer around here.

Thanks !!! Learnt a lot from this site. Can't wait for this freakin Snow to end so I can go ride!!! Just gotta button up some shit like tail light and license bracket. Then wrap the exaust black or beige. Then one day find some spoke rims and ride the hell out of her!

Back