first chopper with a 400 xs 81'

Some new , the men how built my frame show it in a meeting with us cars and choppers in a little village not far of my home.
Normally i have my bike in 10 days after i must built an alactrical box ans a support plates.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thinks , i have a lot of work on it to finish.It's gone be cool to ride with my bike.
:bike:

What kind of work did you have to put into it to mount a Harley wheel on it? Is it a front wheel or back? Is it the stock xs sprocket? What model/year did it come off of exactly, if you can handle all of my questions and don't mind my probing.

Looking incredible Lucho!

probably no work, because those are axle plates were probably made to fit a harley size axle, and since the hardtail and single backbone were done by a shop, they just used those plates that they had in stock and fab'd up the hardtail. so it was just a matter of fitting either a correct chain size sprocket on the rear and keeping the front or visa versa. and its probably a rear. i dont see many front 16x5.00's with a disc on it.

tryin to answer for ya LUCHO so nothing gets stuck by the language barrier.:thumbsup:

What kind of work did you have to put into it to mount a Harley wheel on it? Is it a front wheel or back? Is it the stock xs sprocket? What model/year did it come off of exactly, if you can handle all of my questions and don't mind my probing.

Looking incredible Lucho!

Thank you , i'm trying to answer with my words because my english is not very good.
for my rear wheels it's an harley wheels i don't know the year and the models i think it's a roadking wheels but i'm not sure ,i don't ask because the most important that it was an harley wheels.
Jean-luc the man who built my frame know very well the harley it's not is first hardtrail but first on a japanese motorcycles.

I ' would like to put un 130/16 tires size on rear so Jean-luc say to me too find an harley wheels and i will build a hardtail and adapt with this wheel.

For the sprocket it was impossible to use the original xs sprocket so i buy a new sprocket (it's not the sprocket on picture) , this special sporcket (full)have the same size of the original and jean-luc use a lathe machine to adapt on the harley wheel .

I hope that i answer to your question sorry for my english this kind of wheel can be use on a swing arm of the 400 , it's to largest .

For my chopper a buy a rear beak disc harley ,rear master break and rear break caliper all this parts come on harley .

The frame is in the garage , i must try to put the motor and try to run the motor .

i put the frame on wheels , the seat belt is not finish and the gas tank is not fixed.

Now i must work on the motor.

we can see what's going to do with the 21" front wheel , i think more than 19 ".

In september we built the tube exhaust and i'm going to work on the engin , make it a new life because it don't run since 5 or 6 years .
It's not serious to run engin like this .

you need a bigger headlight. but other than that, your bike has the same stance as mine! haha. good job. as far as engine work goes, just pop off the head, check the bore in the cylinders and re lap the valves just in case. as long as there is good compression, you'll be fine. and re-jet your carbs to fit the pipes you build for it. it sticks having to mess with carbs to get it to run right after you just did a case swap and total rebuild. ask me how i know lol

Ok thanks for your answer and the headlight is not for the bike , i buy a aris style or a bates i don't know for the moment.
I see your 400 Volcomskater77 and i like it , your bike is very low did you modified the fork?
Your exhaust don't touch the ground sometimes??.

my bike is 5 1/2 inches, about the height of the curb on a sidewalk. and the exhaust is JUST above the lower frame rail. i haven't really ridden it, but pushing it around and going down hills, it doesn't touch.

for the forks i just shoved them through the trees to level out the frame exactly as far as yours actually. lol but i have the stock 18 inch mags front and rear.

Jean-luc built my command foot in aluminium , and adapted for the new frame.

The rear fixation seat is done

If you want too see the work of Jean-luc , you can go on facebook and look at
steel work's distosion: Thumbsup:: Thumbsup:: Thumbsup:: Thumbsup:.

Back