Fork Brace?

iaregenius

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone used one of these? Any recommendations? Does it effect tire clearance? I know most of the Tarozzi stuff comes highly recommended, I just hadn't found a fork brace that was 400 specific until now and was curious.

I've got one...It fits fine and it looks pretty cool (I think so anyway :wink2:).

2010%252520TCU%252520BBO%252520234.JPG

2010%252520TCU%252520BBO%252520235.JPG

Not sure how much it stiffens the front end as my bikes in bits in my bedroom...sorry :shrug:

That does look pretty sick! I think I'll have to set some funds aside for one of those when I start on the front end.

you yanks love braces, I see them on your teenagers all the time :laugh:

Who you calling a yank? I'm from the Caribbean! :D

I've got one...It fits fine and it looks pretty cool (I think so anyway :wink2:).

2010%252520TCU%252520BBO%252520234.JPG

2010%252520TCU%252520BBO%252520235.JPG

Not sure how much it stiffens the front end as my bikes in bits in my bedroom...sorry :shrug:

On an 18: spoke rim and running a fork brace, what's the biggest front tire I'll be able to run?

Mines an 18 x 3.50 Dunlop K82 tyre on the mag wheel with disc and fits with loads of room.

Not sure what is the biggest size that will fit and may depend on if you are running a front fender or not. Also, too big a front tyre can reduce the handling capabilities of the bike.

I'm sure there are threads on tyre sizing on the forum somewhere.

I know this is a stupid question and 99% sure I know the answer but i just want someone the make it 100% clear.
The fork brace clamps to the fork body and not the fork tubes, right?

I can't say for the XS breed but for other bikes that I have had, that a brace really helps stabilize the front end through turns. You can stay on your line and have a better feel for the front tires grip.

I'm glad you resurrected this thread - that first one looks awesome, and the DOHC in particular has a very weak stock front fork brace (as in, it's made of aluminum foil, as far as I can tell...)

So I haven't tried it, but I want one.

I'm glad you resurrected this thread - that first one looks awesome, and the DOHC in particular has a very weak stock front fork brace (as in, it's made of aluminum foil, as far as I can tell...)

So I haven't tried it, but I want one.

After posting that I figured I'd check to see if they have a USPS option to Canada. They do so I ordered one. I won't be able to provide a ride report for a while though baecause my bike is in pieces too. I'll be ordering a larger than stock front tire though so I'll have some input on fitment in a few weeks.

After posting that I figured I'd check to see if they have a USPS option to Canada. They do so I ordered one. I won't be able to provide a ride report for a while though baecause my bike is in pieces too. I'll be ordering a larger than stock front tire though so I'll have some input on fitment in a few weeks.

Did you ever get your brace? Do you like it? How does it fit?

Uh BW, what the heck? I thought all us DOHC guys agreed to act as if the DOHC models were perfect in every way to make the SOHC guys feel bad??

:doh:

Back