Found replacement resivoir for rear master!

Shaun Chandler

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
I thought I would post my find today for everyone.

I wanted to get a new rear master reservoir since mine was cracked and damaged from 30+ years in the sun and you can't buy it without buying a whole new rear master.
I was about to start machining my new rear master cylinder reservoir out of aluminum and I was looking for a new diaphragm so I would be able to find replacement in the future if it was ever damaged.

So I dropped into sirius consolidated which is close to where I live and found a diaphragm in a kit with a new reservoir. It cost me 45 bucks and I didn’t need the reservoir (because I didn’t think it would fit) since I was machining one but figured I didn't have much of a choice so I bought it.

Here's the good part the one I bought is a direct replacement for the xs400, it’s off a 70's Honda GL1000 Gold Wing (75-78). Fits perfect.

Too bad I already went out and bought an expensive aluminum weld on bung and cap to make my reservoir, but hey I'll use it for another project I guess.

So I'll give everyone the part number from sirius consolidated (item# 32-1317). I told the guy at the store and he was going to update the website so it lists the xs400 as compatible as well. Or you could buy it somewhere else, they have been great there helping me out though.

I included a couple pictures below.

Shaun :thumbsup:

Attachments

• P1010522.JPG
    P1010522.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 107
  • P1010524.JPG
    P1010524.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 115
  • P1010525.JPG
    P1010525.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 124
nice, looks a little tall, but it keeps the bikes on the road who cares!

I managed to buy a front resevoir from a guy in Derby who had a batch made from nylon a few years agao!

Ya it is taller then what I would have liked but it'll work. I may still make my aluminum one when I get a chance but it won't be a priority now since I can run this one. Mabey I'll get started on making my intakes instead

Shaun

You can just use a long clear hose for a reservoir. Just hook it on the M/C run it straight up to under the seat. Fill with fluid, bleed as needed keeping the hose full.
When bled and full, put a plug in the hose, hold in place with a hose clamp.
Leo

Back