Friday the 13th ride

JARichmond

XSively Addicted
Reaction score
Hey friends! So it came to my attention that the next Friday in June is the 13th. Are any XS owners from Southwestern Ontario are planning to ride in to Port Dover?
I'm leaving my place in Hamilton at about 9 or 10. Anybody looking to meet up beforehand? I'm pretty flexible on meet locations.

I've been thinking about it. It will be crowded as it is the only "warm weather" Friday the 13th this year. I can't commit at this time as I may have other, more pressing commitments pending for that day.

Also, there is the Canadian Vintage Motorcycle Group Paris Rally on that weekend, starting Friday. I live 10 minutes away from Paris, yet may not be able to make time to attend. :(

I didn't know anything about the CVMG that weekend. I've never been to one, and have no idea what to expect, so I may stop in on the Sunday just to check it out.

I've never been to the CVMG in Paris, but I know a few of the guys in one of the chapters and they all go and camp every year. Apparently the swap meet is really pretty good.
I am thinking of swinging buy for the Friday afternoon - maybe staying for dinner with some of the die-hards.

Last edited:
It'd be great to see anyone and everyone in person. I'll be in Dover from early morning on Friday and will make sure to put my username on my bike for anyone looking to strike up a conversation.

Last edited:
Iam going !!!! leaving my home abt 9 ish... riding with some friends. I can t leave any earlier. and would love to meet before hand but we make 1 stop only that is timmies in simcoe. [ 1 last pee before dover lol] yes I think its going to be crazy there . im gonna try to park over at the high school.[ which will prob be all that is left for parking.]
my cell 519-741-7973 text if we have enough reception.
I have always wanted to go to paris for the vintage weekeknd but it always falls on a busy weekend

I've been talked into going. I'll be leaving home around 7am with my neighbour and will probably be there until mid afternoon. Should be interesting!

I heard about this guy. What's his deal? He just walks around in chaps and a thong?
And yes, noon at the arbour sounds great to me. I'll be carrying a backpack with a blue ribbon tied to it. Name's Jesse.

Well, I can now say I've been to PD 13. Arrived at 8am with only a little rain on the way there. Walked around and saw lots of chrome. Most of the HD's were examples of catalog/website shopping. If I saw 1 chrome skull, I saw thousands. There were some interesting custom bikes, but no owners to talk to. The rain followed us there, but thankfully didn't last long.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to meet up with UD or JAR. I did, however, get to see Thong-Man. I couldn't look away fast enough! The ride home was pleasant despite the crosswinds that had me leaning the bike over just to go straight. Now off to Paris to check out some vintage bikes!

Glad u got to see thong man! Betcha didn't see the half naked fat chick!!!
Can't believe I missed you . Was talking with Jessie for a bit. Then I lost him :( No as busy as past and some familiar faces not around . Still a good day .
Dave can we get another ont ride together? Jessie is in I'm in

My brother is out in Paris, from here in Winnipeg, as we speak. His Kawasaki Triples buddies always have a rally in Paris the same weekend as the CVMG Rally. Their itinerary of rides included Port Dover today. He may be the only member of our CVMG-Keystone chapter that attended this year. Sounds like a good time.

I think I saw him and his Kawasaki buddies! I was admiring their 2-strokes for a good while. Saw 'em whiz by me at one point.
Dave, I'm totally in for a group ride!

Back