Greetings from the Great White North (xs360 build)

Your evening dose of Bike Bling.

8339942906_1ba337d47c_z.jpg

Watch your pants, ladies and gents.

Last edited:
Waxed canvas? While certainly different, I wouldn't recommend it on a seat. I have an oilskin coat and regret the day I purchased it. It requires a fair bit of care and is impossible to keep clean. The wax attracts dirt, and it will melt. Summertime sunlight is enough to melt it, and on a seat that would make a mess of your pants. In the cold, it is stiff. And it is always slippery...

Dave

Waxed canvas? While certainly different, I wouldn't recommend it on a seat. I have an oilskin coat and regret the day I purchased it. It requires a fair bit of care and is impossible to keep clean. The wax attracts dirt, and it will melt. Summertime sunlight is enough to melt it, and on a seat that would make a mess of your pants. In the cold, it is stiff. And it is always slippery...

Dave

I've got a few waxed canvas coats and bags myself. if the wax is melting in the sun, you're using far too much of it. I don't think it will be any more slippery than vinyl or leather. Just a thought, not dead set on it.

I was cheap and used a old jean jacket and sprayed it with liquid vinyl. After 2k miles still looks like new:laugh:

Attachments

• DSC01638.jpg
    DSC01638.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 265
  • DSC01639.jpg
    DSC01639.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 246
Okay pals, small update. I wanted to to tint my headlamp lens but not so much that it would have an effect on running colour, as I would be pulled over more than I would like. So I figured photography gels would help me achieve this.

Went to open my headlight and I discovered that it was sealed. After looking for some time on the net for unsealed options, I came up short. This is due to sealed lamps being law in most places. I didn't have a heat gun and I'm impatient so I crossed my fingers and threw it in the oven.

8339864448_0824ed53be_z.jpg

Which actually worked really well.

8339863764_bd2fd82a6a_z.jpg

Figured I'd heat test the light, which is probably overly cautious as they are intended for studio lights.

8338806419_8c6fdc82fc_z.jpg

Gel'd and re-sealed, here she is.

8338805971_53c198ce74_z.jpg

Last edited:
Went from a sure thing for spring to not likely.

8075747292_931b5f9d07_z.jpg

Fuck.

That is quite common on the early ones with no electric starter, 2 guys over here have had to weld theirs up, its not hard, just get a welder whos on the ball but the cases need to come apart unless you can try to fit an electric starter from a later bike? Not sure if you can.

Great project

That is quite common on the early ones with no electric starter, 2 guys over here have had to weld theirs up, its not hard, just get a welder whos on the ball but the cases need to come apart unless you can try to fit an electric starter from a later bike? Not sure if you can.

Great project

I managed to fix it for now. I guess it will take a season of abuse before I will know for sure. My bike actually has an electric start, so I'm okay on that front. Thanks man.

Back