Gun Thread

I like this thread but it needs more pictures. Here are some of mine.

My M1A. Quick Detach rota-pod equipped Harris bi-pod. Fixed 10 Mil to mill Bushnell Scope. Just added a cheek riser but don't have a picture on my computer just yet.

M1A.jpg

Built this myself. Its a PSA lower receiver with DPMS parts. Ace Buffer Tube. And a Rock River Arms 10.5 inch upper. It had an Aimpoint on it but sold that to a friend. Will be going to an EOtech. Rocking Iron Sights for the time being. It is in the shop getting the paperwork for a Short barrel rifle. Probably have it back by Christmas.

ARPistol.jpg

That short barrel is a loud son of a gun. And throws a pretty mean flame.

funandguns.jpg

This is what happens when my brothers and friends get together. From left to right. Someones random 12 gauge. My 870 Express 20 gauge. My AR pistol. Brothers Berretta 92fs. Dads Ruger 22/45. My Browning white gold medallion 270. There is a Henry 22 under it and the old stand by 10/22 beside that. The other half of the guns are on the ground or being used.

FamilyFun.jpg

I love fire arms as much as I love motorcycles. To bad you cant mix and match the two more often.

Logan

NOW THAT Is what I strive to be. Question picture one. What is the Gun in the low center of the picture? Looks to be a HK MP5K. Does it have the auto seer or are did you get it SBRd.

well i'm taking my 2 guns out tonight and getting to shoot a few kids :)

that's my water guns BTW arctic blaster and mega blaster 1/2 litre of water in one go :D

Well, I have a few guns....but I make a habit of not posting pics or descriptions on the interwebs.

That being said, shooting is a great deal of fun!

Hey guys, just wondering how long its going to take you guys to turn in all your semi autos and high capacity clips when the congress bans them. From what I have been reading it looks like a ban on semi autos, large mags and even shotguns is coming down for Americans. Here in Canada we have had some really good news for fire arms. The long gun registry was just overturned and in my province of BC the Govt. encourages people to take up hunting. Our fed govt. refused to sign the UN gun treaty crap at first but caved eventually so we are in trouble in some ways up here as well. The States has always been such a free country and everyday it seems you guys are getting pushed around with your rights.
So whats the deal? How do you US gun owners feel about this crap? Will you or your friends turn in the guns if they get banned?

Hey guys, just wondering how long its going to take you guys to turn in all your semi autos and high capacity clips when the congress bans them. From what I have been reading it looks like a ban on semi autos, large mags and even shotguns is coming down for Americans....
So whats the deal? How do you US gun owners feel about this crap? Will you or your friends turn in the guns if they get banned?

I don't know what you have been reading, but it sounds like media wishful thinking. There is no political will for additional gun laws right now. That's right, even now. We used to have an "assault weapon" ban and it was repealed. Even then, it was a ban on sale, not possession, so there was no need to turn anything in.

I don't see any situation where they can take our guns away from us. I feel like they will try to circumvent the 2nd Amendment by using taxes on weapons and mainly on ammunition, but even these steps will and need to be met with protest. I feel bad for people living in places that regulations have made it hard if not impossible to own a firearm. I have legally purchased all of my guns. I have gone through the proper channels to get permits for the guns that I have that are not "off the shelf" (My short barrell rifle). I have no problem with them knowing what I own and where its at. I plan to shoot paper, critters, or exploding targets with it. Nothing in me wants to harm another human being unless his/her intentions is to bring me or my family harm.

and here is a clip for you all so I can get off my soapbox

I have a gun or few, but there is absolutely zero need for auto or semi-auto assault rifles. Some people claim these are for "hunting". If you can't hit a deer in the first shot, you need more practice. Yes, they are fricking fun. But these crazy people can get ahold of them and lay waste to lots of innocent people. There would be many less dead in Aurora, CO if Joe Crazy had a much harder time getting his hands on them.

As for home and family protection, 5 rounds out of a .38 would take care of 5 invaders in my home in 5 seconds, though that will never happen. My guns were all inherited from my father. Otherwise, I'd have none.

I'm completely for permitted concealed carry. These are the guys that could stop a Joe Crazy before he could kill many.

As far as the "You cain't take away my freedom!" set, there are speed limits and stop signs and laws of all kinds everywhere you look. If cars had been invented when the Constitution was written, there would be a "freedom of speed" amendment. But the cars then would be about as advanced as the firearms were then (like semi portable single-shot, takes 2 minutes to reload...), and would probably max out at about 15mph, which couldn't really do all that much damage going as fast as they could. But cars got faster and laws were needed. Guns got faster and laws are needed.

Rant complete.

#1 Joe Crazy's semi-auto AR jammed. Most of the bad stuff was not done with it.

#2 There's a way to change the Constitution. It's called an "amendment". If there is political will for more restrictions than the Constitution currently allows, it can be changed. Until that happens, I prefer the government follow the Constitution. Who gets to decide freedoms important 220 years ago are or are not important today? Nine un-elected lawyers not good enough to make good money practicing law (I am a lawyer, by the way)? If it's not important enough to change the Constitution.....don't try to shortcut the law.

#1 Ok, his gun jammed. How many people were killed with the other two guns, exactly?

Hough, are you for or against assault rifles, and why? I feel like if anyone has a good argument, it may be you.

Back