1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS400.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want an XS400.com t-shirt? Go to the store to order. Limited sizes and quantities available.
    Dismiss Notice

H4 conversion

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sandmanred, Mar 16, 2019 at 8:27 AM.

1. sandmanred

sandmanred XS400 Enthusiast

Searched this topic and couldn't find what I was looking for. I think I'd like to run an H4 35w bulb with the stock bucket so this means finding a replacement reflector assembly. Candlepower no longer offers their reflector kit and it doesn't sound like it was plug and play anyways. Almost any other option to use an H4 LED requires a reflector as well. Any recommendations on a reflector that accepts an H4 or a full bucket that swaps out easily?

2. Renegade

Renegade XS400 Enthusiast

I know JW Speaker makes some conversion kits like what you are looking for, but as I recall they aren't cheap. If you do the swap, will there still be enough room in the housing for the wiring nest that runs through it? Or are you looking to relocate all that?

I just picked up a new headlight unit for my build from eBay for about $30 that I'm planning on doing the same thing with, switching over to a composite and replacing the standard filament with an LED. I would just post the link for it, but I went with the one with LED turnsignals integrated into it.

That would be my suggestion though; eBay universal; best bang for your buck

3. sandmanred

sandmanred XS400 Enthusiast

I just want to fit a standard H4 bulb, JW Speaker are LED.

4. Renegade

Renegade XS400 Enthusiast

Ah sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you wanted something that would take a standard OR an LED. Sorry about that mate.

This is what I went with (not installed yet), but I also wanted the LED turnsignals integrated. LINK Might at least give you an idea