Handle bar question

Scorpio1963

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Im thinking of getting a set of motocross style for my bike,also can we adapt 1 inch bars to out 3/4inch.Last but not least any remarks about how they feel with our bikes?
Sincerely AARON

Don't know what size bars you currently have, but I'd guess 7/8". If you switch to a 1" bar, you will have to change the bar risers and all the controls. That could get expensive quickly. Better to stick with 7/8" bars, there are plenty to choose from.

yea I have sort of those style bars

looks like these

!BUL3LYQ!2k~$(KGrHgoH-DcEkJw2KwwWBKMQyJp7mw~~_35.JPG

Feels good, little bit more leaned forward but very much in control. Although I have to admit I haven't had any other bars on my XS. They're a little bit less nice for long rides I'm guessing, but still lots better than clipons or a straight bar.

And i'm assuming mine are 7/8" since the controls and risers are stock

Yeah my bars are 7/8 It seems like alot of trouble to switch over to 1 inch.Thats too bad cause my neighbor gave me soo cool grips off his bike.Also for my handle bar choise I think I seen some somewhere some motocross style bars that arent straight the are angled back to where I can sit straight up.Leaning forward is not an option with my back being screwed up.

My back is fine with the stock bars I dont like how they feel or look.They arent wide enough and the angle the grips are at kills my wrist.I tryed adjusting them its helps some what.I think I have something picked out to my liking.:)

Scorpio, There are lots of different bends to choose from. They are usually named after the big name riders or the stock style bike that the configuration comes on. Here is a chart from the bars that I am going to get, ProTaper SE.

Attachments

• SC-PROTAPER-HANDLEBARS.jpg
    SC-PROTAPER-HANDLEBARS.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 121
Back