Handlebars

+1 for European bars. Love them! I'm also using stock length clutch and throttle cables

Posted via Mobile

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 530
I believe I got them from bikebandit.com

They were around $20 which is great because if you don't like them it's not that big of a financial loss. This is my 2nd bike I've put the European bars on. I love the riding position they give me which is slightly leaned forward

Posted via Mobile

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 447
Thats easy hope my compressor is strong enough.
Oh also is anyone else just getting the red X where Karatikids photo should be?

I tried copying and pasting a pic on here and it didn't work for me either. I have a picture of the handlebars but I got the red x as well. I'll figure it out eventually!

Just letting you know karatekid1194 that your photo does not display on the forum. Others have mentioned this as well. Maybe try again to upload the photo. Perhaps photo format is not compatible. Looking forward to seeing the photo...check out njcafe84's photo.

Yeah, I noticed and got the problem fixed! Take a look, I used the stock length cables with mine as well.

Last edited:
heritage guy: I'm not totally sure, I never measured the length but that sounds about right for how they feel. And yeah, when I changed the bars I cut the origional grips off and threw on those dirt bike grips. Just looks a little more fun this way!

This is not the best pic, but these are superbike bars with bar ends on an otherwise stock bike (for now). I cut my old grips off rather than save them because I wanted to try different looking grips anyways. Grips are pretty cheap for the most part.

Attachments

• IMG_20130114_200132_539.jpg
    IMG_20130114_200132_539.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 448
Karatekid with those HB`s what riding position are you in with them?Do lean forward or are you sitting up straight.Before I buy me a set I need to know thanks

Scorpio1963: Compared to the stock highway bars that had a ton of pull back to put you in a totally straight up position, these bars lean you a little bit forward. Nothing like clubmans or clip-ons though. More of a comfortable sporty position. I'll post a picture of me sitting on it in a few minutes.

Last edited:
100_2027.jpg

I am 5' 10" your position might be a little different depending on body size. I immediately enjoyed riding it much more with these bars on it.

Thanks karate just what I needed to see.I think those wouldwork good for me,since I have a bad back I couldnt ride in ahunched over position for very long.Now I cant wait to get them.

No problem scorpio! I love my bike and the bars make it even better, have fun with them :D I would also recomend bar-end mirrors. I originally put them on for looks but I found that my field of vision was vastly improved with them on. I don't look at my elbows anymore!!

Hi All,

I really appreciate everyone's input regarding this thread. I have ordered some Euro bars and I look forward to putting them on the bike.

As I customize the bike, I will be calling on all of you for some guidance. I look forward to the project ahead and learning as I go.

Cheers All!

Hey guys, for anyone running the "super bike" style bars, where did you get them from?

I unfortunately didn't do enough research and looks like the ones I bought have a 4.25" centre width, and our bikes require 5". Looks like I wasted $40.

Back