Handlebars

:thumbsup:I went for good 'ol drag bars!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3182.jpg
    IMG_3182.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 369
It depends on the bars. Some can be flipped to lower their height, if they are relatively flat and straight. My bars are way too tall and pull back too far to be flipped. Not that I'd want lower bars, my back wouldn't tolerate that...

are dimpled bars needed for the throttle controls?

or will non-dimpled bars suffice?

going to be pulling the trigger on a set of super motor type bars and a set of clubmans

I put clubman bars on mine. I've got a Maxim, so the frame rises to the front. The riding position is a bit more forward now and WAY more comfortable.

Here are some pics. Next step is to swap out the rabbit-ear mirrors!

Attachments

• IMG_0150.jpg
    IMG_0150.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 340
  • DSC_7601.jpg
    DSC_7601.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 312
Yep, stock cables. I had to get a little creative with running them around the headlight/HUD, but it was a pretty simple swap. The tolerances are tight: I'm almost up against the turn signals by the levers, and the choke lever BARELY clears the tank when I lock it over. Very comfortable riding position though - you're still upright if you'd like to be, but it's a lot easier to lean in (which is especially nice on the highway without a windscreen, and cornering is very comfortable/natural).

No dimpling necessary for the throttle. Just slipped on and off.

For those asking about getting grips on and off, I just used warm soapy water to get them off, and liquid hand sanitizer to slip them back on when I was done.

I got a set of renthal's today:) Will be much better than the cheap heavy steel ones I have now.

... Next step is to swap out the rabbit-ear mirrors!
Why not go all the way and have the total, sleek naked look?

All you need is a set of these:

Attachments

• Helmet Mounted Right Rabbit Ear.jpg
    Helmet Mounted Right Rabbit Ear.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 227
  • Helmet Mounted Left Rabbit Ear.JPG
    Helmet Mounted Left Rabbit Ear.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 232
Back