Heat!

Scorpio1963

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I think we are definately feeling the affects of global warming.2 days @ 90* with oppressive humidy in June is definately not normal for these parts.I can remember years ago if it ever got up to 90*`s it wasnt till late July or August and it was only for about a week.Now it seems to be a regular occurance for the last 10 years.Now days it not even uncommon if we hit 100*+.Last year we had temps in the upper 90`s 2cnd week of June.Makes it dam hard to concentrate and work on the machine.

Another 3 days of this hot humid weather then we get a break from it Yahoo.I spent the whole day outside yesterday.At least we arent suffering like outwest with the fires.:yikes:

A nice relief of what we have been expereincing in Southern Michigan today,Highs near 80* instead of lower to mid 90`s.Feel pleasant except for the dew points are on the sticky side.

It'll be even colder in the wind while riding faster then.. :(

Dress appropriately.

334px-GPN-2000-001380_-_cropped.jpg

:thumbsup: :laugh:

Yea it's usually pretty mild. It doesn't get crazy cold, but also never crazy hot. 95F (35C) is exceptionally hot in summer, but this week it's about 60F. Usually good summer days are around 75F.

Winter doesn't get much colder than 25F. Winters sometimes come without any real snow, sometimes there's snow for a few weeks. But most of the year it just rains, rains and rains some more.

I was in Amsterdam some years ago and it was winter. Yes, very mild. The beer was fresh, cool and delicious!

Willem, are you an Expat? Your English is not only good , but it has the proper colloquialisms. It wouldn't surprise me if you weren't, don't get me wrong. I learned on my trip that many Dutch speak excellent English.

Nope 100% Dutch, but thanks! Always good to hear I'm fitting in :p

My fiancée and I speak English to eachother (she's raised bilingual dutch/english and we met at her all-english university so we never got around to speaking dutch to eachother). She's got the real american accent as well, I kinda picked up on it as well but with me you'd still be able to hear I'm not native. With her though...we've met people who thought she was from Boston only to find out 3 months later she's not. I'm jealous of her accent :)

But you're correct, most Dutch people speak pretty decent English. It's cause we have quite a bit of education in it throughout elementary and high school, and most tv shows are english with dutch subtitles. I learned most of my english watching cartoon network and stuff haha

did have to look up what colloquialisms are though! :D

Lucklily I live far enough north we still get the affect of the Northern jet stream which brings down the cool canadian air which we are being influinced right now.Lower to mid 70* temps for the rest of the week.
Im glad I dont live out in the dessert sw Pheonix 118*-120* Las vegas 116*.I lived there back from 87-90 we had temps hit 115* on Easter sunday before and in the 1st week of june my 2cnd year out there It hit 120+.It got so hot flights were cancelled from Skyharbor airport.I owned my own landscaping co back then I was young so even though it was extrememly hot it didnt bother me that much.

Yea it's usually pretty mild. It doesn't get crazy cold, but also never crazy hot. 95F (35C) is exceptionally hot in summer, but this week it's about 60F. Usually good summer days are around 75F.

Winter doesn't get much colder than 25F. Winters sometimes come without any real snow, sometimes there's snow for a few weeks. But most of the year it just rains, rains and rains some more.

This sounds like perfect weather for me Except for the rain:eek:

The heat is back near 90* today.After several nice days and a couple of beautiful evenings espeacily last evening I roasted in bed last night.Its so difficult to get the airflow into this place I live.Then to compound to being hot the Mrs has a darn winter blanket on which I kicked off the bed in an attempt to try and keep cool.

Back