Hello everyone, new guy here.

oldskoolwagovan

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Howdy everyone im Cam, picked up a xs400 the other day along with almost a full parts bike. Im willing to pass them off to someone who needs parts, just let me know.
Im mainly looking for info and possibly some ideas, wanna transform bike into something but not sure what yet.

Post a few picks of the parts you would be willing to sell. Welcome to the forum:)

Congrats on the buy and welcome.

Ah yes, the best way to build one awesome XS400 -start with two!

Seriously though, do you have a spare 'finned' ignition points cover? It's mounted to the top left side of the engine. Just curious...

Congrats on the buy and welcome.

Ah yes, the best way to build one awesome XS400 -start with two!

Seriously though, do you have a spare 'finned' ignition points cover? It's mounted to the top left side of the engine. Just curious...

Yes I believe I do. How do I get it off I see one screw on the left hole then what looks to be a rivet in the right.
I checked the timing on mine this morning, the left cylinder is slightly off but the right is worse. I couldn't get the points cover off.

Your bikes are 1981 TCI bikes. The covers that are "finned" are for point model bikes. The models that used the finned covers where the 76-77 xs360's the 77 xs400 the 78 2-e and the 79 2-f.

Back