Hello from Georgia!

clintinga

XS400 Member
Reaction score
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is Clint and I live in Newnan, GA. I am new the the xs400 but not motorcycles and I am happy to have found the forum and be here. I had a xs650 that I sold about 8 months ago or so and I currently have a 78 CB750. I am planning on building a wrenchmonkeesish style bike with the 400. I just want something to ride around town and to commute on when the weather is nice. I know I have my work cut out for me but I am up for the challenge. I look forward to getting to know all of you and I hope you have a great day!

xs4002.jpg

xs4001.jpg

Thanks guys! One is an 81 and the other build date is 6/78 so I assume it is a 78 but I am sure someone else will correct me if I am wrong. I want to use the mag wheels and the rear on the 78 is in great shape but the front looks like it sat at the bottom of the Atlantic for 10 years. If anyone wants to trade the wires on the 81 for a good set of mags let me know.

Sad to see them going to pot! Looks like you got to them just in time! Looks like some one has got to the mikunis already on that 79'. Good look and welcome to the forum.

You're going to have a blast on the forum and a blast fixing them up. I think of our bikes as the girl that goes to the high school reunion and has the amazing job and grew up gorgeous. Sure the cheerleader is still pretty, but she only went so far. The XS is proving to be a classic, rider friendly, lovable platform that is a pleasure to ride. Enjoy them!

Hey everyone. Its been a while since I have posted. I have been busy with work and I moved in July so I am finally settled and had a chance to get some work done on the xs. Here is a pic in the current state. I am waiting on a few parts to finish up the fab then its on to cleaning, polishing and painting. Let me know what you think.

Clint

xs400august.jpg

Back