Hello from seattle

tonupNW

xs newbie
Reaction score
Just found the site and have been finding alot of great stuff about the xs's. Ive been working on bikes for about 8 years now, Ive build several Hondas and a few other bikes but no yahama's. Just picked up my first yami yesterday. Its a 1980 xs400 special that I scored for 60 bucks. Its a little rough right now but I will be tearing into it tomorrow and starting the build. Look forward to talking with you all and learning about about these bikes.
Here is my cb500/4 that I built a few years go
cafeg.jpg

And the new project
266jl.jpg

Thanks, Im still kicking myself for selling that bike. Im gonna need to talk with you soon Drewpy as im going to be doing the blue spot brake on my xs. Any info on the bracket and spacer would be great. I ordered a caliper and a 320mm brembo last nite.

Im new to the NW so enlighten me on Backfire. But now that you bring it up I will probably be there and meet some people in the area.

Thanks, Im still kicking myself for selling that bike. Im gonna need to talk with you soon Drewpy as im going to be doing the blue spot brake on my xs. Any info on the bracket and spacer would be great. I ordered a caliper and a 320mm brembo last nite.

still awaiting the spacer, hopefully I'll have it next week sometime, then I'll make a bracket!

Ok. Well when you get it all done I wanna see it. Im gonna research a little more tonite and draw something up.

well... if you had asked last saturday I would say 100% sure. I rarely miss one.

Aged rotors finally took a dump on me last sunday though. I'd been meaning to replace for a long time as well as do some other brake upgrades. One of those things where I have been picking up parts here and there to do it all and planned to get as many miles out of it before it went as I could. Hand is fairly forced now so I'm gonna do what I can over the weekend. If all goes well I'll have 'er buttoned back up by the end of the night saturday.

If I make it, I'm on a ratty as sin XJ750R.
(the 400's are just uh... projects, yeah that's it)

Another Seattlite! My build (builds are) is going to take a little longer than next week. But looking forward to seeing what you are doing. Welcome.

well, all I'm doing THIS weekend is slinging new (used) discs on my 750 and if all goes well changing bars, brake master cylinder and upping to SS lines.

my 400's are a PAIR of XS400R (baby) secas. one an 82, one an 83. My plan for the project(s) is to take all best parts from each and make one clean beauty stock one. Get niiiice paint, a little airbrushing. Take the leftovers and a bunch of aftermarket stuff and slam together the gnarliest little rat Fighter I can. Rattle bomb and stencils.

Good twin, Bad twin.

Pretty long term since I need to move before engaging in such an in depth project.

Back