Hello! New here from Kansas!!!

316XS400

XS400 New Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone greeting from Kansas! I picked up an 81' XS400 with 17k on it, not bad condition from what it seems. I traded a guy the bike for my bike. I had a Kawasaki ZX6R, I got it for next to nothing and dumped too much into it to in the end let's just say,want it gone. I'm not a crotch rocket type of motorcycle enthusiast. I have always preferred bobbers, and Cafe racers. I'm mechanically sound when it comes to knowing my way around a car, but not a bike. I'd like to take my time with this bike and turn it into a Tracker. Just to putt too and from work. Not looking to go fast because I don't respect speed so I think that this bike is perfect for me.

What does it take to build a very basic tracker?
What part websites should I buy from and which ones should I stay away from?
I'm not looking to "bling" this out, just make it practical but I'm having a hard time figuring out where to start. I know that I want to get rid of those ugly handlebars, and definitely the seat. I almost want to just have the bare necessities and strip everything else.

I'm sorry if I'm rambling...nice too meet everyone

Posted via Mobile

Welcome I used to live in the neighboring state south of you for about 20+ years.Ironicaly we have the same model bike also.Having auto mechanic skills is a plus but turning a wrench or diagnosing bike problems is a another world.

I'm a new guy too! Just next door in Colorado.
I'll be building a hard tail bobber. It seems that a basic tracker is all about stripping off all the weight you can. When it comes to removing the turns and such I have found some very good wiring information on the web.

Back