How hard would this be to fabricate?

S3Rider

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
www.krausmotorco.com/motorcycles.html

The Treeless front end link on their website kinda blew my mind. It doesn't look like it would involve to much to build. Have you ever seen anything like this in person. The small coil overs would be the hardest part to get a hold of. It really cleans up the top section of the bike. Mate it with a Twist clutch and it would really be a one off.

Coil-over mountain bike rear shocks are usually for downhill bikes. I wouldn't think you would need two. How about just running one, or do you like the symmetry of two? Also look for ones with remote oil reservoirs as I would want the largest I could find as you are really going to cook that oil.
I do like the idea though and check out Fox Shocks as they will custom valve shocks for you.

Those are pretty badass... Not 500 bucks a pop BA but pretty close. If I were to be building a bike I was going to ride for longer than an hour at a time I would think about it. But I was thinking these.

http://www.scooterpart.net/products.php?id=1785

or

http://www.pocketbikeparts.com/Suspension_Rear_Coil_Over_Shock_125mm_p/etss5590303.htm

At that price difference I can burn a couple of shocks and not be to messed up about it.

As for running one or two I would personally run 2 for both look and function. I would think that having one on one side when you hit a bump would cause to much flex from one side to the other.

I actually like the design that does not use oil at all. That design served motorcycles for decades!!! My new front end is just a bouncy single spring in front. Stroke and length is the key: I would want the shortest length with a 2.5 - 3" stroke for clean looks.
I agree with the looks and symmetry but you have a solid axle and a very short length connected to both legs so I wouldn't think there would be any flex. If I would run it on one side I would run it on the same side as my caliper to keep the one side clean.

See I love springer fronts, but I also want to be a little off the wall. This is kinda a new version of an old idea. I don't Mind the thing being a rough riding SOB. I also will probably have to play with hole placement on the rocker to make sure the spring is being worked but not to much.

I like the idea of putting one on the Caliper side as there is going to be a lot of hardware on that side anyway. I want the right hand side of the bike to be its clean side. Is it possible to move the rotor to the other side of the rim? Is the rim directional or would I be able flip the rim and put the rotor assembly on the left hand side?

Back