I guess the guy I bought my bike from is somewhat of a celeb?!

sly409

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
So I found my bike through a craigslist ad. The guy said he owned Ryca motors. I knew I heard the name from somewhere but couldnt pinpoint where and didnt think much of it. I go to check out the bike at the sellers shop. I meet Ryan, the seller of the bike. Really nice guy, really patient and answered whatever silly questions I had for him about the bike. We talked for a bit about the bike and about his shop and what he did there. He basically makes custom parts for motorcycles including cafe kits, tracker kits, etc.

Anyways he started up the bike for me to show me it worked and it sounded amazing, no exhaust just straight headers:rock:. He offered to sell the bike for about 50 bucks lower than the CL ad and I went even further and asked for another 100 off on top of that. He said yea why not and we shook hands and sealed deal right there. I came back the next day with a trailer to pick it. He helped moved the bike out of his shop, loaded it up on the trailer and even tied it all down for me. How awesome is that?!

Well a couple weeks pass and I'm online looking through youtube at random cafe racer videos and stumble across one titled "jay leno's garage: Ryca motorcycle" so I click on it. Then I see it, Ryan is featured in the video! It shows him talking a little about his company and what he does. Jay Leno later on interviews him and stuff and talks about about Ryca etc.

I just wanna show a little support for Ryan and Ryca motors since he helped me get started with my first bike! :thumbsup:

Here is his website if any of you are interested in checking it out.
http://www.rycamotors.com/

and here is the link to the video

Back