intermittent kick start jamming?

dO-bOy

Woohooo!
Reaction score
was riding today and as i was coming to a red light, the bike stalls (sadly, not too abnormal at this point) but unusually , i hear some kind of thump or clank from the bike. i pull into the gas station conveniently to my right, i can't remember if the rear wheel locked or i just grabbed the clutch immediately. I try to kick start it but it wouldn't budge at all. i tried a little more pressure but not too much but it felt like i was standing on something solid. clutch in, the kickstart is free though

i then put the bike into gear and push it forward, trying to check if my engine is seized and it was really hard to get it over but it did. then my kickstart was free and i kicked it over and rode home.

but now every 4-8 kicks, i get a hard kick. i never noticed this before. is something amiss in my tranny?

thanks in advance!

I had a similar issue with my Honda XR250, kickstart ended up engaging while riding and spat a hole in my engine case. Turned out the kickstart return spring was worn and no longer held the kickstart back in the neutral position, when I hit a bump it engaged with devastating consequences.......................hope this is not the case on your bike.

Back