just a pic of where im at build thread old and messy

i know camera makes it a bit tinny sounding. xchris i value your opinion do you think its sounds close to right. i think im close right now will know better when i start riding. i do have a new set of points to put in it im running the ones that came with the plate i got from you. got one question for ya the dwell on one side is 15 the other 20 my research is saying 22 degrees on dwell using a 4cyl dwell meter does that sound about right to you.

I have never had my bike on a light before but here is what the book says. You wont know for sure how it runs until the motor is under a load.

Attachments

• DSC02640.jpg
    DSC02640.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 163
thanks 105 divided x 4 equals 26 and a bit so the conversion must be close. wasnt using a light just a dwell meter for points. think ill just get the dwell matching on both sides. thanks for info.

well throttle cable is made installed and adjusted. cut the housing on the clutch before i left for work. gonna see if i can get time to solder new end on it tomorrow. then ill go after front brake this weekend i hope. then i can ride it around the yard at least. if i had a helper id get some pics. torches hot steel small cable and solder just don't make it easy to document.

clutch and throttle cables are done. i almost got throttle to short clutch tad long front brake should be just right. after riding the vstar for all this time i forgot how heavy the clutch was in this bike:bike:

Attachments

• cable routing.jpg
    cable routing.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 179
  • how much i cut off clutch cable.jpg
    how much i cut off clutch cable.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 180
  • throttle cable.jpg
    throttle cable.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 185
Went the lenght of shop last night. Batt only hadc enough to start it never got rpm high enough to charge. Had clutch cable way to tight had to loosen it up a bit. Gonna put charge on batt try again

road it about 1/2 mile up driveway and back rough dirt road. bike started right up with fresh batt. of choke quick. clutch return not working properly its on or off got to look at that. bake brake okay. think headlight mount running front tire on big bumps got to revisit the headlight situation. still some work to do front brake lights and shorten kickstand. first time its seen daylight for over a year. then the kickstart decided not to return so its a roll start till i fix that.

Attachments

• right side.jpg
    right side.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 162
  • batt box.jpg
    batt box.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 164
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 171
  • left rq.jpg
    left rq.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Okay clutch fixed had to turn the cable guide on chain cover around matter of routing..
Took head light off took it for a run much better got to 3rd on my driveway.

after staring at puter monitors for 16 hours i went home this morning came up with this before my nap and return to work at 1500.

Attachments

• protoype seat.jpg
    protoype seat.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 171
  • closer shot.jpg
    closer shot.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 179
Its sitting in truck waiting to sacrifice itself. Lot of ot this week aint got to it yet. My bike and i thank you for your concern mr xchris:thumbsup:

A lot of people don't put them on and wonder why the carbs get plugged up. :doh:

Back