Mains to big??

festy

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
So i am rejetting my carbs now after installing pods. stock mains were 117.5 and 125. from what i read on here and from others i should be looking for +2. Im assuming that is for both to keep it symmetrical. now i went to my local yamaha dealership n asked for jets around 119.5 and 127 and they only had like 122.5 for the 117.5 and i think the other one they gave me was 127 to replace the 125(ill have to check again) but my question is should i really even try this im thinking this will do more harm then good. and if i need new ones where should i get them jetsrus.com?

Jets come in 2.5 increments. So increasing by 2 increments would have the jets 5 larger. Clear as mud? :)

yes haha. yea i knew they went up by 2.5 i wasnt very sure about if what i heard ment like go up 2.5 or the full 2 steps but i ended up runnin with what i got from my yamaha dealership and its running pretty good it doesnt seem too rich or lean so im probably fine. i dont notice any hurt in performance either.

Is their anything i should be looking for maby problem wise (other then fuel consumption) that i should watch out for?

Back