Mechanism adjustment? (DOHC if it matters)

DanMach

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
So I replaced my front sprocket today, and appearently I have fucked up the clutch adjustment.

I tried to follow the clutch adjustment in the manual where you loosen the lock nut and then screw in the adjustment screw until it lightly seats. Then you back it out 1/4 or 1/2(something like that).

However, I can't get the frigen adjustment nut loose. :mad::mad:

I don't want to torque the shit out of it because I'm afraid i'm break something in it..

any tips?? :(

Well I figured out the adjustment nut, but now its not disengaging even after adjustment. I read something in the manual about the steel ball needing to be adjusted if you pulled the clutch with the side cover off.. which I did(like a dumb ass :p).

How do I reset the ball??

...*sigh*

Wet clutches present weight to the rear wheel, even with the clutch fully disengaged.

Hit bike on, let it idle in neutral, no wheel spin, pulled in clutch, kicked to first, no wheel spin. Let clutch out, wheel spin.

...*hangs self*

When I did mine, I didn't loose the ball bearing, but the cable holder came dislodged from the cover plate and I had no clutch at all. I was lucky not to loose the ball bearing while I was fiddling with it. Glad you didn't either.
I forget who, but one of the other guys wrote about finding it on the shop floor and chucking it - then finding out later he needed it.

Back