Need 2 inch exhaust

Under Dog

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
I currently have a 2 into 1 exhaust on the bike. Looks to be home-made, as it's all one piece welded together. Well, it's too loud for my old ears. :yikes:

I've measured the the exhaust pipe where I'd have to cut it apart, and the exhaust pipe is 2 inches in diameter at that point. Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time finding 2 inch mufflers online. Does anyone have a source for something like this?

Might even consider trading for something a little quieter if any of you younger whelps want these. :thumbsup:

It's already got a baffle, but it's welded in there. Not sure I could get it out...

Any ideas how to baffle a baffle? That's might help!!!

any pics??

is the baffle at the end of the muffler..i.e. the outlet..you maybe able to make a baffle to go in the pipe at the join ..i.e where the 2 into 1 joins

had some race cans for an aprilia and they had funny little baffles that fitted between the cans and link pipes

Yes, the baffle is about an inch from the outlet end of the pipe. I don't see any way to put additional baffling in their without cutting these pipes apart, and I don't have a welder to then put them back together. Might be an excuse for a new tool? :D

I'll try to get some pics up.

Back