need guage dampers

sir_h_c

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
bikebandit has them for $22 or something ridiculous.

any other sources or suggestions? I'd like to keep the stock guages for now but without the dampers they will buzz or rattle or something for sure. The bike is a couple weeks from being ready to ride again b/c I have all these little things to tie up!

I've checked mikes and fleabay with no luck. any other suggestions?

bikebandit has them for $22 or something ridiculous ... any other suggestions?
Are the "dampers" you are looking for something like a rubber bushing that the mounting bolt(s) go through - or gaskets that keep the glass from rattling?

If the former, could you buy some sort of generic automotive rubber bushing and trim it down with a sharp knife/fine hack-saw then sandpaper? Or make a rough blob of black automotive GOOP and then trim it into shape.
If the latter, could you try and make a gasket out of liquid silicon gasket maker?

Are these what you are looking for?

Attachments

• DSC01694.jpg
    DSC01694.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 110
I think those are them xschris.
I was thinking of the black silicone as well... Might try it just to see how it works.

They go between the tach/speedo and the bucket. The post did a shit job with black goop, the same stuff he used on the carb holders and a few other inappropriate places.

I only have one at the moment $8.50 shipped if your in modesto CA. paypal only.

Attachments

• DSC01756.jpg
    DSC01756.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 121
I'll be trying the black silicone this friday before it gets really cold in the garage, I'll let you know how it goes.

Just an update; I masked off the faces and the chrome bodies on one and got impatient on the other, there is a noticeable difference in how they turned out. The black silicone worked well you just have to be careful spreading the goop around and getting it smooth. I loaded up the gap and wrapped plastic wrap around it to smooth it, worked well. I also had to prop up the faces as they did not sit level in the chrome surrounds. No big deal, it just meant that I had to do it it two passes.
Hope someone else will find this info useful.

Back