new from detroit rock city

beso

XS400 Member
Reaction score
so hello xs400.com. I am new to bikes but not new to building cool stuff. Ive build numerous lowrider cars and work in a hot rod restoration shop for a living. Anyways picked a xs400 just like most of you guys to learn on and to figure the basics before i hurt myself or even worse others. anyways when i figure out how to post pictures i will post some pics.

so far its down to frame. ive welded in new seat bars and tank mounts for a peanut tank. i purchased new tires. im machining up some cool seat mount stuff so the seat can lift on quick pins so i can easily get to my battery box. and although it will look like bikes we have all seen im gonna try to go crazy on the paint since my background is in lowriding and we know they have crazy paint schemes.

Thanks for your time and i cant wait to see what the summer brings for us on this site.

im not sure how to post pictures so if you can send me some advice i will take some this week and post some.as of now i have a few i can post of my beginning just not sure how to do so.

im not sure how to post pictures so if you can send me some advice i will take some this week and post some.as of now i have a few i can post of my beginning just not sure how to do so.

No problem mate. The best way to post pics is to use a picture hosting site and then post the url of the picture in your threads using the insert image icon in the reply to thread section.

A lot of people use Photobucket to host their pictures, but I use Picasa the free google software to organise the pics on my laptop and then sync them to the Picasa Web albums so I can post them in forums.

I think there is section on here by Travis explaining how to post pics as well.

IMG00057-20110125-1802[1].jpg

lets see if this works mock up of tank and seat drop rails. just tacked in place.

removing and moving around so tank sits lower. im moving it to the rear lower since my frame is not level at stance and i dont want to ever starv motor of fuel. simple but its a pic i have.

Attachments

• IMG00055-20110125-1532.jpg
    IMG00055-20110125-1532.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 235
this is not from my ride. its some exhaust for my friends ice bike i helped him finish last week. he makes custom xr750 frames.

Attachments

• Livonia-20110202-00003.jpg
    Livonia-20110202-00003.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 206
I'm from detroit also and thinking about starting a local group of xs 400 renegades to off set all the crotch rocket/full dresser clubs out there. Let me know, ill send my phone # if interested

Posted via Mobile

Back