new guy in pa

racegeek

XS400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
new to this board im on a few others. just picked up an 81 400. kinda what ive been looking for to fix up. i love the par twins and have a rebel as a everyday rider. this one not sure which way im gonna go. was thinking hardtail but im no kid anymore so might do a strech swing arm bobber bike. just went through that carbs and need some air filter setup. if i cant find cheap stock setup i might go with some pods.

Attachments

• xs400 001.JPG
    xs400 001.JPG
    191.8 KB · Views: 86
  • xs400 004.JPG
    xs400 004.JPG
    190.6 KB · Views: 71
  • xs400 005.JPG
    xs400 005.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 69
the back rest is longggg gone. it is in decent shape . been sitting under a portable tent garage and is corroded . tires are dry checked pretty good. right now i have the carbs off. i have another daily rider so im gonna work on this one and make it the way i want. . maybe by end of summer it will be on the road.

well haven't done mush but havent updated either. ordered a set of rebel shocks today. got a few things from mikes

Attachments

• xs400 002.JPG
    xs400 002.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 69
  • xs400 001.JPG
    xs400 001.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 78
Welcome racegeek! I'm also a fellow Pennsylvanian with a recent xs400 purchase. If no one told you yet, clean those carbs. Then clean them again. Looks pretty decent, though.

Welcome to the forum. Make sure to get some filters on them carbs:wink2: The bike will run much better with them.

yea I had it running but now have new intake boots and picked up a complete stock filter setup. with the nice weather bike been on the back burner for awhile ive been on here awhile and thought I had a build thread but cant find it so just updated this one.

Back