New Member from NJ, USA

Hank025

XS400 Member
Reaction score
How Ya Doin?

Been lurking around after I picked up my 1977 Yamaha XS360, but now I feel the need to actually contribute.

Im in New Jersey and use the bike mostly for commuting (no highway) and running around town.

Ill post a picture of what i think is a very stock 1977 XS360. It has some blemishes and some starting issues, but nothing that cant be fixed with a little zen-like approach. I plan on keeping it stock, or not changing anything that cant be reversed.

First impressions of this bike, are what I love most about it, the classic design, everything I need in a motorcycle and NOTHING more. No frills, no speeding tickets, no maintenance that requires nuclear launch codes...

I am from a younger generation, and I have to be honest, I had no idea how to kickstart a bike or which way a petcock was supposed to face until I found this site.

Thanks for sharing what you know.

-Hank

Here's a picture.

full

It looks in great shape and I dig the blue I see on those 360s. A lot of people on here will appreciate the preservation of a nice specimen; it doesn't happen a lot.

Be sure to share your progress.

Great to see a bike kept in such original condition. It's a huge shame to see undamaged stock bikes get chopped up to conform to whatever the currently in-fashion trend might be.
I'm still working on my first bike, also an XS360, though mine would have been a great candidate for customizing. I'd love to find one in good enough condition to restore to stock appearance.

Wow, that's the cleanest I've seen. Yes please don't chop it up, there's plenty of run down bikes out there for cheap to do that!

Back