New Speedometer Wiring

lewkmiller

chop chop
Reaction score
Hello Ladies & Gents,
I am wiring my back with a new speedometer from DCC and I'm running into an issue I'd like to get advice on. Here is a diagram of the current wiring of " high beam indicator" stock set up on the left and my new speedo "high beam indicator" on the right.
SpeedoDiagram_zpsed25a143.jpg

Maybe I'm over thinking it, but the rest of the wiring was straight swap, and might require a modified set up. Let me know your thoughts! Thanks party people!

Hi-beam indicator (-) goes to ground
Hi-Beam indicator (+) goes to hi-beam positive, same one going into headlight.

So exactly like stock, same as you have drawn on the left.

I thought the Hi-beam indicator was on the Tack? Next to my thumb.

Attachments

• IMG_20140519_201201_082.jpg
    IMG_20140519_201201_082.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 90
ok. so. I wired it all up and now the hi beam indicator light stays on. i can turn lights on and off. the hi beam indicator goes off when lights off. i can switch between hi and lo beam. i think the hi lo beam is reversed of what the switch says. any ideas?

Here is my interpretation of the wire diagram,
Power from Fuse to headlight relay R/Y color
From Relay to blue wire L/B
L/B wire goes to 3 places

• Background light in tach
    Speedometer for background light
    Hi beam switch

Then depending on switch position, sends lights up to Hi beam or low beam.
Blue wire in Light switch is energized all the time.

Green is low beam,
Yellow is high beam.

When the light is turn to high beam, that circuit is double bulleted in the headlight housing, to send power to the high beam indicator.

hope that helps

Arfstrom: yes, that does help. I think I had headlight hi lo wires mixed up. Switched but problem persists. Went through and wiring is correct (at least from what I can see. Going to pour over it more tonight.
JARichmond: total guy joke.... love it.

Back