Nice XS400 chop from Japan

I have been measuring and calculating to try to copy this look on my '80 xs400. I am seeing something about the frame on the Tono that seems different from mine. It doesn't look like he modified it because it is black in all the pics. Maybe the frame is different in different years?

Tono frame on the top side tubes curve right down to the rear engine support tubes next t the main upper tube. The ones on my bike continue straight back to the seat support and the ones coming up from engine support connect 1-1/2" back from the end of the main upper tube.

Different ways the frame is made from factory or Tono is modified?

I have figured out that with the stretch of the swingarm and the curving of the seat tubes the shock support is still at the same height and angle from the swingarm. Cool.
Para mì son dos cuadros diferentes, el que està modificado no es el original que se muestra en la foto por lo mismo que dice FabioG, ademàs si te fijas bien el cuadro modificado tiene la barra que soporta la mordaza del freno trasero y el cuadro original no la tiene! Saludos

Back