No pressure in master cylinder

Dave before I try your suggestion I have a problem with the caliper piston.Its very tight and cant be pushed in by my hands anyway.I do remember though when I put it back in and it was able to spin till I almost had it.Then I had to use a c clamp.

I thought that's what I said , just with out all the words, just kidding, honestly that part is in the manual. I was on that page today, I just didn't read it today. Next Time'' take care
Tobie

Ok I have narrowed my problem down to the caliper.I have it apart on my desk.I had to use 150lbs of air to pop it out.So with the piston not moving properly what do I di lube it with vasoline,brake fluid then put it back in?Its clean no corrosion at all.Has new oring inside inbetween the piston and caliper.

Only use brake fluid or a grease that is specifically for brake systems. Petroleum products (of any kind) will cause the rubber parts to swell and destroy them!

Also, make sure that the grooves for the seals are clean. A little corrosion will apply a lot of pressure on the piston. Without the seals installed, the piston should move freely in the bore. With the seals, there should be some resistance, but not too an excessive amount. You should be able to move the piston by hand.

I removed the seal and checked for dirt behind in the grove.Its clean and I have tryed pushing the piston back in after lubing it with brake fluid.It goes about 1/4 inch then gets stuck.:shrug:

Did you try without the seal?

The piston and caliper have to be perfectly clean as they are a close fit. Any corrosion, rust, or dirt will cause problems.

Tryed with out he seal it a snug fit ,I can get to go in about half way with seal installed by putting cresent wrench handle across the top of the piston and pushing it with my hands.I almost think the seal is too swelled.

I ass ume why it was so difficult to get the piston to go back in?Not realy sure I tryed several things but I think the seal wasnt going into its grove flat enough.Also I just used alot more fluid inside the piston sleeve and on the seal.After that it slid down into place.

Thats why I had to remove and free up the piston.I have been tryng and trying to bleed my front brakes.The master cylinder is good and the sytem filled with fluid.Somebody suggested to remove and squeeze the brank lever to see if the piston was moving.It wasnt so I appreciate your encouragement:wink2:

Now use the syringe trick! Fill the master cylinder with fluid and then pull (suck) it down through the caliper. You'll be surprised how easy it is!

Dave what are trying to imply here that I dont do enough work on my bike as it is?:laugh::wink2:If its neccasary I`ll do it but I can probaly clean them out with brake parts cleaner and some high air pressure I hope:shrug:

Back