Oh lordy, my hubs are soooo shiny :)

Greasey Fingers

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Lol check it out :laugh: volcomskater I hope you find this thread mate!! Looks at how these came up :thumbsup: (vapour blasted then polished)

Attachments

• DSC00620.jpg
    DSC00620.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 297
  • DSC00621.jpg
    DSC00621.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 323
  • DSC00622.jpg
    DSC00622.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 308
  • DSC00623.jpg
    DSC00623.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 290
  • DSC00624.jpg
    DSC00624.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 295
Thanks guys, I have to admit....this time I had them polished. I know I cheated but hey, by the time you do it yourself it is actually worth to pay someone else to do it because you save so much time. And you get better results. But I do enjoy the feeling of satisfaction when you polish stuff yourself.

Luckyeight I will start a build thread, im nearly there just wanna get my bike registered and roadworthied before I start modding it out too much.

Scorps I know what you mean, these would takes AGES by hand. And you do really need to have them completely disassembled to do it properly so it really is a big job if you were to take your wheels off and do it. Because I got just the hubs (from my good friend volcomskater:thumbsup:) it would have been silly not to do before spoking them up.

Just polishing my engine has been very time consuming,but I have been doing it all by hand no power buffer.It doesnt look as shiny as your hubs but compared to how it looked its much better..I havent had much time lately to do much on my bike.

Thanks mate! Nice find on the rim but ill stick with standard 18" for now:bike: I like the rubber, im definatly going that way I think with the old school looking rubber.

All spoked up :D

Attachments

• DSC01334.jpg
    DSC01334.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 287
  • DSC01337.jpg
    DSC01337.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 275
  • DSC01340.jpg
    DSC01340.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 363
Looks good :thumbsup: Now the trick is keeping them that way and still being able to drive the bike:laugh:

Thanks guys! Yeah im lovin these wheels :) Ha ha lol, nice picture pork chop (eewwwww). Should be easy to keep the rims and spokes clean chris, theyre chromed but yeah the hub will lose its shine over time im sure.

Don't know if you know about it but there is a product called ACF50. It's an aluminum protectant/preservative developed for the aircraft industry. It's cheap, and will keep that finish pristine for a long time after all the work put into making them shiny.

Back