Ok question 4 those that have major thinning of hair

Scorpio1963

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
If you were balding like had no hair ontop or on the most of the back part of your head was bald with just hair on the sides would you leave it or completely shave your head?I want to shave it all the way bald.The Mrs isnt very happy about the idea.I told her well I have no way to syle what little hair I have left and I cant afford a hair transplant ot a wig.
So what would you do espeacily those who have Mrs?Would just do it and let her get over it or would you give in to her side and leave it the way it is?:)

my dad shaved it off. balding on the back and thinning of already thin hair. says he should have done it sooner, makes getting the helmet on/off easier. :wink2: :thumbsup:

Yep, I'm bald and shaven. Important to note though : your wife is probably the only person who really cares what you look like. If she likes it she wins i say.

Posted via Mobile

I agree with N8Bishop. Just do whatever the wife likes, she has to look at your head the most. Maybe shaving it and leaving half an inch on is less radical than the q ball look

As long as you don't try to grow out the thin hair and have a comb-over like this

colin-farrell-bald-comb-over-04.jpg

Well I figure it like this,It probaly would take several months for the hair to grow back if I did shave it all off.Also I have had my butch or buzzed hair cuts almost every summer even when me and the Mrs 1st met.If I have a buzzed hair cut then Im already just about 3/8`s of inch from almost being totaly shaven.I think to me the new look would be too bad on me.I noticed alot of men that are loosing their hair have been doing this and from what I hear women seem to like a man that has a haved head.The only time I would want my hair would be in winter.It helps keep the head warmer.

Yep, I'm bald and shaven. Important to note though : your wife is probably the only person who really cares what you look like. If she likes it she wins i say. Posted via Mobile
And if she doesn't like it YOU lose.
Many women find shaved men scary looking, and therefore they are not attracted to but repelled by the look. In their minds, it makes the man look like a biker :yikes:

Last edited:
yea I did the buzzed haircut once and even then my girlfriend (now fiancee) was not amused. It scared her in the middle of the night she thought a strange man was in her bed

The only bad thing I see about a shaved head is you have to keep shaving to keep it babies bottom smooth LOL.I had shaving with razors and use my electric..I can see putting electric shave on my head.:laugh:

And if she doesn't like it YOU lose.
Many women find shaved men scary looking, and therefore they are not attracted to but repelled by the look. In their minds, it makes the man look like a biker
Or ad gotee style beard and look like Rob halford:thumbsup:

The issue I have seen with a comb over is with the product you need to keep it there. If you get hit with an unfortunate side wind you have this straggly looking diving board hanging off your noggin waveing at people. Think I'd skin it down once and grow a goatee maybe with a mustache. I'm going with the thought that Balding is a sign of knowledge & experience. All that knowledge & experience is too much to be contained with in so it's pushing out the hair to make room.:laugh::banghead::D

sign of knowledge & experience
Well I have both so there maybe some truth to that but I attribute to my hairloss because of stress and the things that have brought on stress.Life has been filled with strife buut thats another story.I have grown the gotee not sure if I liked the look or not.

Last edited:
I don't have total hair loss theres some left and a lot of fuzz,when I use rogain the fuzz grows like crazy and so does the hair I already have.Problem is the fuzz never grows into hair and when I stop using rogain it falls out.Im comfident with the way I look but it sure would be nice to have my hair back again.I heard getting vitamin b shots is good.

Me and Mrs talked yesterday about this topic,she said Im handsome the way I am:thumbsup: so Im keeping things the way they are.No shaving my head bald but if it was up to me alone I would.

Back