old bikes no papers....thinking!!??!!LOL

skillzman1

XS400 Junkie
Reaction score
So I ...like most of us no doubt..have been looking for bikes to work on for awhile....always finding decent looking bikes ...but no paperwork...too bad...would be a nice project.
Then I stumbled onto this.....thoughts???

i like that cart. i'm actually thinking about converting mine to an e-bike and building an offroad buggy with the XS motor.

That is CRAZY! lol I have the same problem finding cheap bikes with a title....... It would be awesome to build a kart like that on the side. I bet it would FLY!!!

No title but a bill of sale and and old registration. Got the sucker fired off last night after sawing off the tractor exhaust and chasing down a wayward ground.

Attachments

• CIMG0278-1.jpg
    CIMG0278-1.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 248
I've seen some really good looking rides local....no paperwork means you'll never get it on the road in NY...so its a parts bike...or find a titled frame for a donor.
But the cart idea looks like fun...I spent an hour watching youtube vids last night...hooliganism at its finest!!

I've thought about doing this several times but after reading about it and figuring out how much work, time, and money I'd end up having into it, I figured it would better to start with an engine I really want to use instead of just using what I can't find cheap.

So my ideas for this "go kart" kept ramping up until I was almost set on building one of these with an SV1000 engine: :D http://www.edge.au.com/The_Barracuda

^^^^
that's more like what i'd build. my plan is to take a youth quad and stretch it, put in a suspension seat down low, and put the XS motor behind the seat in place of the original. then add a cage, for safety ;), of course.
i've got both donors. the XS of course and a 2006 Polaris Preditor 90. on the big side of the youth quads.

Its nice here in az you can file for an abandoned title on a bike that you dont have a title for makes things nice for when you come across a bike that you dont want to mess up cause it does not have a title

Back