Our Other Rides (Cars) Past and Present

My daily driver for the last year and a half:

2006 Honda Accord EX-L, Manual trans, but only the 166hp 4 cylinder. :( I needed the better MPG, but would have really liked the 244hp V6 6-speed manual sedan!

accord01.jpg

Nope no parades. It's actually not all that nice unless you're a good 30 feet away :laugh: It does get lots of looks though going down the road though. A lot of people think it's older than it really is.

hey guys, some pics of my other rides...

84' mini, fully torn apart all the rust fixed/ replaced with stainless, built the cage this summer to SCCA specs, engine is a 1275 with a stout bottom end big cam ported had and twin carbs, hopfully get that together this summer.
1023001402.jpg

1023001401f.jpg

1023001401.jpg

my 89' dodge w250 Cummins pickup, picked it up for 750bucks a few years back, I drive it every day 120 miles round trip to work, its paid its dues.... twin turbos ported head and other goodies are in the works:D

as i bought it:
0624091445.jpg

now:
dodgem.jpg

the camaro: my first REAL car, bought it for 750bucks as a shell, threw in a 283 and drove it fr two years in 14 shades of primer, its ratty, 4 speed, mechanical everything (I run a Vertex Mag)...the essence of simplicity, sold the 355 a week ago and im in the process of building a 302ci small block for some serious 9000rpm action:D

0528001918a.jpg

motorincar.jpg

those are just my favorites haha...im adicted to internal combustion!!!!

i too share your affliction. lol. im loving that dodge. and i HATE dodge trucks lol. is your camaro gonna see some track time? seems like it with that 302, and that mig is just awesome! what are your plans for the mini? i saw the cage, italian job 2? lol

thanks Volcom,

the truck has done me well, dodge may not make good new truck but the old first gen diesel's are bullit proof. its very ratty but it eats up the newer trucks at the truck pulls, the twin disk southbend clutch cost 3x more than the truck LOL

the camaro will more than likely get full-race-ified one day, but i do have it set up like an old 70's trans am car, close ratio muncie, hi revving 302...there is logic to my madness lol...the Mag i just too cool, one switch grounding it is my ignition system :)

the Mini is going to be a car that can pass a full race SCCA inspection but will mostlikely be set up for autocross, one day it will probably see the road track as well

yeah i have seen that, very nice car. the 302 may get efi and a turbo :)

can't say I love the look of the rubber nose cars, my ideal would be a 70' rs/ss split bumper but those are rare now. I took the plasma and the cutting wheel to my nose to give it that big wide open split bumper look. the nose isnt even the worst part of the body, the bumpers are ugly and the rear windows have the wrong lines...seems like they kept downgrading after the 70-73 models

yeah sounds about right. everything after 73 was a little more on the ugly side. just look at the "chargers and challangers" lol. what a joke. lol and im liking the turbo idea. should have a build thread in the lounge for all three...?

well i dont know about ugly.... :) I do like the look of my car but some things are clearly off, a build thread for all three...yikesss, sometimes its hard to juggle so many projects ive got to get this bike reliable and buttoned up so I can finish the diesel stuff that all splayed across the shop.

hopefully the mini will get some face time soon, that project has been going on for waaaayyyy to long (I finished paching up the rust when I was 14) it must have sat for 3 years before I put a finger on it again, just finished the cage before the snow came this winter....

i just cant sell any of them.....

Here is my other toy/some times daily driver...

This is a during picture, I blew up my previous motor(sr20.) So now I am putting a v8 in it, waiting on parts should be done soon.
IMG_20110303_115709.jpg

im liking the s-chassis! i was mulling around the idea of getting one. but i cant make it nice for another 2 years or so. so i passed on it. cant wait to see an after picture. do you visit speedhunters.com at all? sick stuff

Hey everyone!

Ive got a few Im going to put up here.

These are linked to Facebook, and the new system makes it harder to link photos- so lets see how this goes.

One of the Corvettes. A 1962 "Numbers Matching" Corvette. Roman Red with a 327. It had 10900 miles on it going into the barn this past winter. Its almost ready to come out again.

Here it is coming home from Watkins Glen on a rainy, dirty Sunday.
59414_530671842815_60401745_31197462_5929206_n.jpg

Now for a 'Track Rat', a Datsun 510.

Here we are at Sebring this past September.
73737_532684264905_60401745_31245417_8050309_n.jpg

In it:
37132_532531620805_60401745_31243032_6598096_n.jpg

Now, from the Road Race car, to the Hillclimb/Time Trials Car.

Subaru Impreza- Putting the Motor in for this season...
74151_533326517825_60401745_31257881_3260204_n.jpg

73558_533399441685_60401745_31258613_7562521_n.jpg

That's it for now. I'll throw some more on when I go through my PC a bit.

im liking the s-chassis! i was mulling around the idea of getting one. but i cant make it nice for another 2 years or so. so i passed on it. cant wait to see an after picture. do you visit speedhunters.com at all? sick stuff

Yeah, I have their fan page on facebook so I get all the new updates.

After picture coming soon, new wheels should be here in the next few hours. I am still waiting on my rear aero bumper, company forgot to ship it. After I get that, Ill throw a little paint.

staycryptic, I think ive seen your datsun at watkins genn...?, there is a guy names Nuno Ferarria that runs a yellow 510 in my dads HRG group, great cars to thrash.

we run a green 62 Jag e-type in the SCCA HRG group during the summer

ps, nice vette, someday 327 cars are gona be rare seeing that most guys want to rip them out and thow in a big block

staycryptic, I think ive seen your datsun at watkins genn...?, there is a guy names Nuno Ferarria that runs a yellow 510 in my dads HRG group, great cars to thrash.

we run a green 62 Jag e-type in the SCCA HRG group during the summer

ps, nice vette, someday 327 cars are gona be rare seeing that most guys want to rip them out and thow in a big block

Nope! Although there is a TON of 510s that run at the Glen, mine was never one of them. Ive been to the Glen numerous times ( I live only three hours away), but in much faster cars than the Datsun.

And Nice!- Ive probably seen your Jag, British Racing Green E-Types always make me stop and look twice.

Yeah, that Vette is a numbers matching original. It should be on a trailer, but wheres the fun in that? That shot was taken on the way home from the Glen after a rainy, shitty day though Northern PA. We spent the next two days hosing the mud off the bottom- But, with a smile on our faces!

More Randoms-

DSC03689.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAzMzYtMjAxMDAyMDItMjI0M.jpg

IMG00332-20100127-2224.jpg

DSC02867.jpg

that your 944?

those are killer fun cars, I had a 924 turbo as the first car I owned, went through 3 transaxles in it while autocrossing, all three times the spider crosspin wore loose and would go around and shear the mainshaft/pinion

I can pull one of those out myself in about 25 min :)

Ha!

Like this?
DSC03339.jpg

DSC03340.jpg

Yep, I'm in the same boat. I needed the rear before a track day I was rushing to get to. So, I put in a new transmission with a factory LSD and short gearing- I paid $2000 for it. The car is for sale. For $2000...

Back