Outdoor Motorcycle Cover

jthiessen

XS400 Addict
Reaction score
Hello XSers.

I did a search but didn't come up with much.

I am looking for a good Motorcycle Cover for my xs400. I have to park my bike outdoors for winter, covered but otherwise exposed. We get snow and temp typically down to -20 C (-4 F). I was wondering if anyone has any good/bad experiences with any particular covers. I've been looking online on eBay and Amazon, but it is so hard to gauge quality and fitment. I'm looking for something that is a nice snug fit, waterproof and ventilated.

Thanks once again!

i keep mine in a buddy's garage over the winter.. but since I live on the beach, i always keep it covered when its parked outside my house to limit the salt. I bought a cheap cover off revzilla (Nelson Rigg Deluxe $35). It has 2 vents and is breathable.. its not the most waterproof as i noticed that where the cover was tightly touching the seat, the seat was also wet if it really poured. It held up through most rains but we had a few bad storms this summer.. Also the color faded in just one summer..

i have low drag bars, which makes the Medium fit slightly lose in the bars are but is snug throughout and down to the bottom of the tire.

Im not a scientist but if you were diligent to remove any snow build up to prevent it from melting on it, the bike would stay dry in the snow with this cover. Lube/grease it up, take the battery out, and pray for spring.

Regardless of which cover you use, be sure that it can get some air flow to the bike. This will reduce moisture buildup under the cover. Also, buy a bottle or jug of Rust Check, ACF50, or even WD40 and spray the bike liberally with it. Everywhere other than the brake rotors and tires that is! Wash the bike with hot soapy water in the spring and notice how the rust and corrosion hasn't increased while in storage.

Back