Patience and Understanding

Scorpio1963

XS400 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Guys I feel I need to bring this up,no its not a pitty party but damilt If I can get you guys to have some patience and understanding that not all os us here are experts on working on bikes like some of you veterans are.Some of us are clueless and need more help than others.I kinda get the vibe that some of guys are getting impatient with our stupid questions.Well excuse last I knew this site was to help us dummys out and those with experience to contribute and help with your knowlege.Anyways to me and my problems.Most of you know and maybe some of you dont but I suffered a series of siezure like symtoms over the winter into early spring that have not been so good on my mental capcitys.My comprehension and memory have been made worse by this medical condition.Im hanging on to the hope that I can have the rest of spring and summer to enjoy riding my bike.Like I said I dont want sympathy but understanding goes a long ways when a person has a hard time understanding something.Not just me but others as well.I only ask for some compassion and patience on helping us out that dont understand everything.I hope what im asking isnt to much to ask cause i sure feel that way sometimes.

no worries scorps, seen your post on wraps. Mine are wrapped and I don't care if peeps don't like, its my bike :)

don't take it to heart.
I'm sure that sometimes what you think and what is written can have a very different meaning depending on who reads it

It wasnt the wraps post Drewpy is was the lack of help and crappy responces I got when I asked for help adjusting my valves.I wont normaly say any bad about a particular member and this person normal is a very valuable asett to this site but one responce in particular kinda gets on my nerves and wasnt called for.In light of the recent medical events that have taking place with my life I have hard enough time just tring to think and live with the changes.I just get the feeling most people think that my brain functions like some youthful college student but with all the tramma I have gone through hate to say but it doesnt.

Couldn't help reading back the thread you're talking about. Totally agree with you.

When I explain something to someone, whether it be here or anywhere else, at work or home, and the person I'm talking to doesn't understand it's because I didn't explain it well, not because the person I'm talking to is an amateur, newb or idiot. Same goes for people getting frustrated online and reacting in annoyed ways. People should just take it easy, be nice and help out, not blame, whine and act annoyed.

hope you'll find a way to manage your health problems! Good luck n hang in there

Not to mention getting annoyed,angry or frustrated doesnt make our new members feel very welcome here.We all should be doing our best so they want to be here.I know Im guilty as well by posting the rant I posted the other day.I should have just stepped back and not went on the computer my bad.For what good it did I also went back an apologised for my behaviour.Lesson learned I wont do it again.Anyways I hope this thread I started help out.

BAhahahahah. You shouldnt worry about what other people say so much. If its helpful use the post if its not disregard it. Its not that big of deal. People are going to always say stupid shit thats the way the world works you should understand that by now. I do and im 23, so I think you would.

I have had some posts that guys talk to me like I dont know shit(mostly true), but you dont see me crying about it.

Your attitude reflects that of typical 23 year old.:laugh:I meant that as a joke so dont take it personaly:wink2:

And yours reflects a 12 yr old who is getting picked on at the play ground:laugh: I meant that as a joke dont take it personally.:wink2:

Oh crap this is getting hilarious I could say something but I`ll bite my tougue on this one.If you didnt have tunnel vision man you would be able to read that this thread just isnt about me its for every one here.I guess you either read to much into things or not enough.I have only offered suggestions to help this forum not bring on parade of rain.Please lets not turn this into pushing contest and keep intended what its meant to do.

At the end of the day something you may take offence to on here, are only faceless words on the internet....so who cares? What you find offensive one day, you may not give a shit about on another. Sometimes it does come down to the mood we are in and other things that are going on in our lives that make one more sensitive than usual. Some people totally don't mean to be rude, they are just talking and someone may or may not take offence from a perceived insult. Take your reply to Ksqrly, it seems he took some sort of offense to that as he felt compelled to reply to it like he did and get 'one up' on you. I can understand why he could of, perhaps he felt it was condescending? Would I have taken offence, probably not. Would I have taken offence if I was in a bad mood, maybe. Or maybe im totally wrong, maybe he didn't take offence to your comment at all, maybe this is just HIS humour? To some degree we all need to thicken our skins once we log in. We all have different personalities some translate well onto a forum others not as well. Like my sense of humour totally sucks on a forum :laugh:

:umm:

Last edited:
I can relate to the 1st thing greasy fingers wrote theres alot of truth there.Rule of thumb dont get on the computer when your pissed from whatever rather its working on your bike or aurguing with your girlfriend or have a difference of opinion that may have about a certain member.Reacting in an imature way is not the way to go.I try nd make sure that Im in a good mood when i get online on the forum or others I participate in.having bad day then coming online to a forum doesnt never go very well..

Yeah group hug :eek:

Attachments

• group-hug.jpg
    group-hug.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 616
hmm if it's like that I'm out haha

how about a group ride on our XS's instead? :)

n we're only human, but I agree that we should try to keep it friendly. Although going off at your own bike is allowed, I would say. Just don't go off at other users

Group ride would be awesome!!! Willem can you get your bike to the US??

haha would love to, maybe I will some day. Sailing across an ocean is still on my bucket list, so maybe when I do that I'll strap my XS to the back of the boat. Grand bike tour is also on the list, anyways :)

Back