petcock gone wrong

thielb

maxim
Reaction score
need some help real quick like. just got my petcock rebuild kit and have the petcock opened up. go f*cking figure the dumbass that had the bike before me just packed the thing full and threw out the plastic spacer block that goes between the diaphragms:banghead:. so now i either put it back together in its halfass POS fashion or someone gives me a tip on making that spacer tonight. any and all help appreciated

You may have already solved this with your Marriage Made in Minneapolis, however, it just occured to me that Kitchen stores sell small white hard plastic cutting boards for chopping veggies etc. I've seen various thicknesses from about 1/8" to 1/4". I think you could cut a square with a jig saw and drill the 4 holes with a wood drill bit.
You might have to sand down the surface on one side if it is etched to give the cook a non slip surface.

Im going to boneyard today if you can wait a day or two Im pretty sure I can get one.I have to go find a banjo bolt that holds the fueling onto our carbs

waiting on word back about a possible spacer. I'm curious now though, is that all im missing? theres was nothing but a big solid gasket in the back and that was it. Am i in need of something besides the spacer? is there supposed to be a spring in that back compartment too?

hate to bump it again but I'm really in need of some advice n knowledge here. my petcock had nothing in the back compartment except a big jimmyrigged gasket. is the spacer all i need in addition to the rebuild kit(already aquired)?

aw damn. you had me real excited there Dave i thought i had the answer. but it was too good to be true. the exploded view doesnt include that back compartment of the petcock for some awful reason. doesnt show the diaphragm, spacer, nothing. so still a mystery whats supposed to be in that back compartment....:banghead:

I have the spring its off a sohc model but should be the same. $3.50 shipped:)

Attachments

• DSC01993.jpg
    DSC01993.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 71
finally home from vacation and done with the petcock. Got my hands on one off of a maxim 550 which was similar but not identical. Luckily for me, all of the internals were the same and fit in my maxim perfectly! Works 100%, no leaks! Sure is great to finally have that shut off valve out of the way and a fuel filter in its place.:D

Back